IGNORED

Good Soundclouds (used to be possible RDJ soundclogs)

Jaspmf

As the title states, if you think you found another possible RDJ Soundcloud acct post a link here and let's collectively debunk or possibly verify it.

Doesn't make sense clogging up the thread that's dedicated to the definitely Rich cloud. However I reckon it's worth discussing possible alt accounts at this point.

This way nobody has to get pissed if you bring one to the table.

Keep it constructive plz!

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

User8a7s6t7h8m8a9c8i6d seems like a possibility. Was an early follower of the user48736353001 account, started with a few tracks that gradually built into a few albums worth.

They were adding tracks right alongside the user48736353001 timeline (Ie stopped uploading around the same times and started again in close proximity)

Somadril is another account of interest, just caught onto that one via the huge thread. Any supporting evidence there? Seems to be on the same timeline as far as uploads.

3rd armpit is another account of possible interest? Although that one looks to follow quite a few people aswell as having alot of "likes" for other folks music. Older account, so probably not related.

People must be deaf or something. I could tell from the first few seconds of several songs that it isn't him.

I don't know why anyone would be looking for extra accounts, as if 101 tracks (and growing) isn't enough! Lots of people trying to use his tactics to highlight their fakabilities in the comments sections.

I don't know why anyone would be looking for extra accounts, as if 101 tracks (and growing) isn't enough! Lots of people trying to use his tactics to highlight their fakabilities in the comments sections.

Would you not have said the same thing 3 days ago?

I don't think it's completely unreasonable. Feel free to not read the thread, that's why I posted a new one.

the only one im interested in is the somadril one tbh.

It's not aphex, I just find it weird he went out of his way to follow the account. It might be one of his friends or rephlex m8s.

Yeah, there's some nice sounds on that one for sure. Plus RDJ following it certainly does lend immediate credibility to it

ok, I'll add my constructive reasons for the user8a7s6t..etc account not being afx:

"08 - Wire This" is a cover of Start As You Mean To Go On, but with 'random' sounding obviously digitally processed drums, and the timing of the melody is wrong when compared to the original. Considering how digital it sounds, I don't think RDJ would revisit old tracks and make shitty new versions of them, getting things wrong

The 'analog' sounding tracks don't have any tape hiss/dropouts or any of the usual artifacts associated with literally everything he ever released prior to RDJ album. His recent analog stuff was clearly not made with the same sounds as ICBYD so it's unlikely that he re-visited that sound with better recording equipment.

Also, some of the drum beats in the 'analog' tracks sound very obviously sequenced using something other than the kinds of drum machines and sequencers RDJ was using in the early 90s (also using granular techniques on drums). He never attempted drill stuff until he started using computers with the RDJ album (or even HAB), which brings me to..

.. the 'digital' tracks. Have a listen to RDJ's break cutting from HAB onwards, all of it follows a structure, even using repeating patterns. Sure, it's wacky and unorthodox but there is always some kind of underlying structure (usually a constant snare). Tracks such as "023 - 4002-3002-14-13" don't seem to follow any kind of pattern, and seem to have been created using glitching vst effects or similar.

Great call. Solid solid reasoning.

ok, I'll add my constructive reasons for the user8a7s6t..etc account not being afx:

"08 - Wire This" is a cover of Start As You Mean To Go On, but with 'random' sounding obviously digitally processed drums, and the timing of the melody is wrong when compared to the original. Considering how digital it sounds, I don't think RDJ would revisit old tracks and make shitty new versions of them, getting things wrong

The other side of the argument is then that someone had remixed this and it just now pops up on a completely unfollowed soundcloud. Literally I was the first follower of it and there were like 3 tracks. So someone had to have been just sitting on that remix if that's the case. Not to mention all the other tracks, which you have to admit many are at least afx-like

Guest crowndicey

It's not aphex, I just find it weird he went out of his way to follow the account. It might be one of his friends or rephlex m8s.

This. Don't really think it's Aphex, but it's the only account that is being followed by both Rich's epic upload account and the official Aphex Twin account. Kinda weird.

That's got some cool stuff on it. Nice one. Maybe even while RDJ is uploading he is clicking on random stuff, and went 'Hey... that's quite nice. I might press 'Follow' so that I can find it again later'.

Great call. Solid solid reasoning.

The other side of the argument is then that someone had remixed this and it just now pops up on a completely unfollowed soundcloud. Literally I was the first follower of it and there were like 3 tracks. So someone had to have been just sitting on that remix if that's the case. Not to mention all the other tracks, which you have to admit many are at least afx-like

oh, sure it's a fairly close approximation of the afx sound, but it's clearly someone who set out to emulate without knowing the process.. if that makes sense?

and re: the remix, it's possible to be sitting on a remix for a while. I've got quite a lot of afx ripoff tracks lying around that I've never put online or showed to anyone at all, simply because they were too obvious.. and not good enough to be uploaded as fakes :P

Very true. I suppose the collective hard drives of this forum are chalk full of fakephex.

I guess we've all got some RDJ in us.

Somadril isn't RDJ. But, it must be somebody. The question is, who?

Quick information: A track 8va (that was uploaded today) appeared here, from 2004, on Worm Interface Records (why does that sound familiar...?) http://www.discogs.com/Various-Another-Kind-of-Space/release/4405777

These videos of an 'art installation' or whatever list music by Somadril: http://vimeo.com/8737869 http://vimeo.com/16799966

And I see there's a LinkedIn profile listing "Martyn McNelis Composer Musician at SOMADRIL PRODUCTIONS"

There was also a cached link from google suggesting I purchase music on iTunes, but the link was dead. Assumably the same track listed on discogs?

My theory is that somadril is a machine wich richard has created.

Probably just RDJ's alter-ego when he's on muscle relaxers.

Take van:edited: off the list, that's me. You must be using the same technique as I have been? Just add any persons of interest that are following the possible accounts bahaah

Finally another proper conspiracist!

I think having a bunch of "likes" is a good sign that they aren't AFX accounts. I don't see him frenzied uploading and "liking" a bunch of other people's tracks.

Also quite a few of those accts are older than a few days. Like the akagitsune-tatami one is old(ish)

Kind of fun, even though a bunch aren't Richard some still have interesting tunage. My stream will never be the same

Archived