Heorge Garrison - Shortridge EP

MadnessR

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the high quality version is excellent, prob my current favorite of his.

If it's Richard or Steinvord (whoever that actually is) he's done a very good job of hoaxing me. I even asked him for his real birth name just to be absolutely sure i wasn't being played. Although it would be very egotistical of me to think that if this was a Steinvord or RDJ alias he would want to put it out on my label to begin with. Heorge Garrison just happens to be a really talented dude who was never a 19 year old kid from Spain

Edited by John Ehrlichman

I hope that reddit vocaroo track ends up being his/her's and winds up on this EP.

Oh yeah, i really want to hear that in high quality.

that song was available in flac. so it's heorge?

Edited by very honest

If Heorge is not Steinvord - then he is a great copy of of him.

He uses the exact same drum sound, patterns, quiet/loud(pixies) song structure.

Hmm, guess I will have to check the full release to make a better judgement

Edited by B1000

he may be influenced by 1 or 2 of those steinvord tracks for that style, however i see a more common linkage between another Rephlex act : Macc & dgoHn. In terms of great break fuckery/programming, Steinvord & Macc & dgoHn have probably some of the most impressive releases off the label. I just see Heorge as continuing that same tradition, taking break oriented music to the place it needs to be way more often. There are only a handful of artists unrelated to Rephlex that I feel are working with classic breaks in a really exciting way, two of those people would be wAgAwAgA and Heorge Garrison.
Arguably Heorge is more focused on sound design and dark atmospheres in his songs too, and for some including myself this scratches the Aphex-itch that most of his protege's don't seem that interested in.
So i guess i could see why it would seem so similar to Steinvord to some, i just dont see it that way exactly.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

RLR bout to get dat Rephlex money

edit: seriously though, the current RLR pipeline is pretty fucking incredible. This and the new Wisp will be purchased immediately upon availability.

Edited by baph

So...no digital? Hmmmm sounds like Steinvord. And sounds like Steinvord. Hmmmm. Seriously though, sounds like Steinvord.

if it's only 4 tracks I'll be sad because I've already heard 3 of them. Sickest tracks I've ever heard. It's exactly what I want out of electronic music.

funnily enough yesterday I listened to that mix someone posted up a month or so ago, can't remember the name of it now, with the RLR's chief playing a load of unreleased Identity Theft, Wisp and H G tracks. Really nice stuff imo. Defiantly gonna do my homework on this label.

Edited by beerwolf

@ madness

ya I googled it and it brought up the band camp with the 1600$ CD or whatever and that's it. Song sounds like ... well it's not very good. not sure why the $1600 troll.

so wheres a link to his music? =S

edit: removed word "shitty" because it was unneeded.

Edited by StephenG

@ madness

ya I googled it and it brought up the band camp with the 1600$ CD or whatever and that's it. Song sounds like ... well it's not very good. not sure why the $1600 troll.

so wheres a link to his music? =S

edit: removed word "shitty" because it was unneeded.

yeah, the shortridge track has the steinvord level glitches, but lacks variation and doesn't feel like it changes, even though by it's glitchy nature changes a lot. But it doesn't feel like it. It's the same tension/vibe for 3 minutes straight.

That other track of his was better though, the one with the teletubby picture. I remember it having the same sounds but with an actual buildup... Where ever it is.. link?

Edited by Brisbot

I think it's a decent track but I'm confused at the comparison to steinvord etc. And the fact that he's trying to act like he might possibly be steinvord irks me (putting that he's from spain on the soundcloud etc)

oh yeah that's much better.

I guess it's Steinvord if he took to making things shift L to R to L a lot, changed up his sound palette, and focused on more straightforward and basic acid sounds than the more hq sounds Steinvord does.

So I doubt it. A lot. :cat: