IGNORED

Heorge Garrison - Shortridge EP

MadnessR

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea who bewwip or 4rd are, but he is steinvord, yes.

Since we know that steinvord is Anchie you might want to ask him directly.

Jodey Kendrick. Just Kidding

Wait, I'm not kidding.

Something is true in those statements, something is false.

Go figure.

I can see why peeps are hyping this... but to be honest it's kinda meh to me earholes. Feels super sterile to me - but it's really cool to listen to someone bust their nut in a bag-of-tricks via a tracker kinda way. 

IMO that's where a very large percentage of people trying to copy Drukqs or Go Plastic fail. There's a ton of technical fuckery and great rhythmic textures, but it falls flat when it comes to melodies that inspire anything inside of me. SP wins for pure beat fuckery, but AFX still takes the cake for the most emotive and captivating fast-idmz.

I'll take my cross-burning. Just be gentle with my huge balls. 

Super sterile is a good description. That's what i love about. I love the dark sound design that replaces need for a melody. I'm not listening to these tracks for emotional movement. I want it to hurt my brain and work my speakers. I think it sounds incredible.

There's a ton of technical fuckery and great rhythmic textures, but it falls flat when it comes to melodies that inspire anything inside of me. 

I always thought that the absence of this "inspiring melodies" was the whole point of steinvord/harrison.

No catchy tunes and beautiful pads for the heart, only good junkie stuff for the brain.

Pure concentrated fuckery. The essence of idm of that era.

And if we assume that steinvord was made my rick/tom (only if we assume), then eliminating the melodies would really help keeping the anonymous agenda of the artist and fool people even more. Like you can tell that its ceephax track only by hearing the tune. Or boc. Same way it would have been easier to feel if steinvrod is afex, tom or whatever came from spain if there would be a lot of "music" on that tracks. I can always tell if the tune is bad enough to be richard/early tom (sorry tom). Maybe its all unintentional ofc, who knows. You can say that I overthink it. Maybe. But then again - this is freaking rephlex we are talking about. They love this kind of stuff.

There's a ton of technical fuckery and great rhythmic textures, but it falls flat when it comes to melodies that inspire anything inside of me. 

I always thought that the absence of this "inspiring melodies" was the whole point of steinvord/harrison.

No catchy tunes and beautiful pads for the heart, only good junkie stuff for the brain.

Pure concentrated fuckery. The essence of idm of that era.

And if we assume that steinvord was made my rick/tom (only if we assume), then eliminating the melodies would really help keeping the anonymous agenda of the artist and fool people even more. Like you can tell that its ceephax track only by hearing the tune. Or boc. Same way it would have been easier to feel if steinvrod is afex, tom or whatever came from spain if there would be a lot of "music" on that tracks. I can always tell if the tune is bad enough to be richard/early tom (sorry tom). Maybe its all unintentional ofc, who knows. You can say that I overthink it. Maybe. But then again - this is freaking rephlex we are talking about. They love this kind of stuff.

Makes sense. Not hating by any means, I enjoy the music, just blabbing on about preference. Yay for new fun music!! TBH I think I just grew away from the super brain-fuckey mental tracker-beats a while ago. 

Probably smoking too much weed... 

Or not enough... 

I can see why peeps are hyping this... but to be honest it's kinda meh to me earholes. Feels super sterile to me - but it's really cool to listen to someone bust their nut in a bag-of-tricks via a tracker kinda way.

IMO that's where a very large percentage of people trying to copy Drukqs or Go Plastic fail. There's a ton of technical fuckery and great rhythmic textures, but it falls flat when it comes to melodies that inspire anything inside of me. SP wins for pure beat fuckery, but AFX still takes the cake for the most emotive and captivating fast-idmz.

I'll take my cross-burning. Just be gentle with my huge balls.

I agree completely, I'll probably still get it though on cos it's always cool to hear someone competent having a bash at this style. :) definitely think the vocaroo track has something special.

I reckon the reason people fail at go plastic/ drukqs style is because go plastic/ drukqs era idm is their frame of reference for fast breakbeat style tunes, rather than jungle, hardcore, techno that influenced phex, pusher etc. If I try and explain more what I mean it sounds wanky as fuck so I'm not gonna bother.

DSC00978.jpg

[WAV/FLAC/MP3 coming soon]

Side A 33 1/3rd RPM

1. Shortridge x0.124         3:08 

2. HG9.7                         3:41

3. HG12                          4:44

Side B 45 RPM

1. Nag Champa Breaks       3:59 

2. Bounce Selector            3:26

Total running time:        18:59 

Hate to open up this wormhole.....but is Heorge Garrison = Bewwip = 4rd?

yes

Slightly derailing the thread but it seems that a Bewwip cass release is due next saturday on Occult Research.

https://www.facebook.com/occultresearchrecords

Blah blah, digital Shortridges soon, Rob plz.

Oooh more Bewwip! I hope it won't be Cassette only. Should that have it's own thread maybe?

^^^^ The pads/chords in the first track are textbook Reid-Dunn-Wisper-pads. 

The rest doesn't strike me as his work tho. 

As I said before, always great to hear new music and see new stuff come out from rando's. It's an exciting time to like acid/idm/whateverthefuckwecallit

Archived