IGNORED

Project1EP Call To Arms - February Edition!

chim

10405532_426634967513030_121544542728285

Some of us guys thought we could use another project to help us all be creative, and we came up with this.

You have the whole of February to make 1 EP containing up to 15 tracks at a max total length of 15 minutes. Anybody is allowed to submit any content under any artist name, provided it's your own material, not offensive and not OLD material! No folder dumps! There are no genre restrictions, make anything you want.

If you are stumped for ideas, message me and I will send you two randomly selected words, and the combination must be the title of your EP. The rest is up to you.

Submit your EP in a ZIP to me, either as a private message or to mikewestaudio (at) gmail.com , together with all relevant info, before March 1st.

The final result will be compiled into one MASSIVE digital release - including top of the line mastering, provided that you don't brickwall your tracks. It will be available as pay-what-you-want and ALL proceeds will be donated to the international charity Medicines Sans Frontieres / Doctors Without Borders.

So, what excuses have you got? Try something new out, challenge yourself, just do some music. Let's go!

Follow us on Facebook for more updates and information:

https://www.facebook.com/project1ep

https://www.justgiving.com/Project1EP

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds fun, what is the minimum amount of tracks, 3?

No minimum but it won't be much of a submission if it's a single half a minute track, will it?

I've cross-posted this to a couple other forums and the response is getting big in a very short time! Labels are showing interest in getting their roster on board! Get in on this if you haven't already!

I was going to take part in the RPM Challenge this month, but I may do this too.

Some of us were interested in that too but they need a physical copy and not everybody's too keen on that, so this is a bit of an alternative. Would love to recieve a submission from you in any case!

Currently we have about 30 artists involved in this, and the bandcamp site will be up and running soon. If you know anybody who would want to join in, try to spread the word. I'm also looking for people who would be interested in aiding with compiling the final playlist, as well as illustrators who would like to contribute cover art and design.

....illustrators who would like to contribute cover art and design.

Make the artists responsible for providing the artwork together with the tracks before the deadline, otherwise it will be another waiting game. Waiting for the illustrators to come through after all the tracks are already mastered and uploaded.

....illustrators who would like to contribute cover art and design.

Make the artists responsible for providing the artwork together with the tracks before the deadline, otherwise it will be another waiting game. Waiting for the illustrators to come through after all the tracks are already mastered and uploaded.

Right now the most feasible option seems to be to compile everything into a single album release (like the Touched compilations etc), and in that case there will be no artwork for individual albums. The alternative is a list of each release but that defeats the point of having a single community project and a single page for downloading and supporting - I'm not looking to start another label or website domain. I'm thinking more of a general design of the whole thing, the bandcamp header and a cover picture - it will be taken care of one way or the other but I'd like to see talented people take a crack at it if they're interested.

If enough people provide artwork of their own releases, the cover art will be a mosaic of those. There will be no design-related delays or anything like that - the one exception is mastering & quality control in case the turnout becomes much bigger than anticipated and the majority submits their work right at the deadline. I hope no one takes that as a disincentive to contribute!

I'm currently contacting MSF headquarters to approve this for their Vital Pact program which would make for some neat logos and stuff. Fingers crossed!

Apparently Bandcamp has cover art as well as track-by-track artwork so there'll be one global cover image for the whole release, but everybody who submits artwork will have it embedded in their individual submission.

We also have a facebook page now! Design is placeholder while I wait for MSF headquarters to respond with official approval for some neat logos and stuff, but get in here for recent updates and like the page, whatever.

https://www.facebook.com/project1ep

Archived