IGNORED

anybody /not/ like Reconstruction?

Ragnar

this thingy

i will just express this as a series of imos:

imo it wouldn't have worked on drukqs cause it's ener-g but it's too unfocused ener-g. Also it doesn't twist and turn like drukqs does, I feel like I'm playing an old-skool NES racing game where you're not actually turning and not even really moving forward in 3d space it's just an optical illluuusion

imo it sounds like megaman and not to hate on megaman but usually the phex's music usually allows me to make more abstract/interesting comparisions/mental interpretations than 'feels like i'm playin megaman'. I have also made the argument that there is dance music that actually feels like THINGS and then there is dancemusic that just feels like I AM AT A CLUB

imo I had a thought/mental audio image thing where the track worked just as well slowed down with the beat replaced by a pwsteal.ldpinch style beat. maybe I'd even prefer it

anyway this thread is not so much to criticize people for liking the track, I like it too but just not THAT MUCH. Still should've been in the soundcloud collection though (or maybe I missed it?) But yeah it was more to express the feeling of me being ALL ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE in not liking the track

that is all

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion though, is first that the reconstruction is admirable but comes nowhere close to the original. So do I like the reconstruction? No, I don't.

The original is ace though (but I'm still pretty sure it's squarepusher not aphex).

Move to squarepusher subforum pls.

oh shit if it is a squarepusher track then sry

if not gud troll

My opinion though, is first that the reconstruction is admirable but comes nowhere close to the original. So do I like the reconstruction? No, I don't.

The original is ace though (but I'm still pretty sure it's squarepusher not aphex).

link to original???

my impression was 'reconstruction' meant more like EQ shit or constructing it from multiple live recordings

Theres a way better recording, let me find it!

check it out, the drum work and even the main synth (sounds like square wave, no?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOQBq20UAI

And you brought up a good point RE the "energy" of the track. I've yet to hear Aphex make a ravey track like this.

Anyways during this whole soundcloud thing, someone asked Richard about this track and his answer really only opened up more speculation lol

so yeah i agree now that /reconstruction/ is crap but the original track isn't

amazing how it's just 99% in the execution practically/fuk ppl who think electromusic doesn't require any skill with expression/not a medium of expression/etc.

Aphex confirmed on his SC that its him and that he will be releasing it. Keep up with the times yo

Epic track

I don't see any mention of it in user48736353001's or richarddjames' comments, where was this?

Aphex confirmed on his SC that its him and that he will be releasing it. Keep up with the times yo

Epic track

I don't see any mention of it in user48736353001's or richarddjames' comments, where was this?

cA5JaUL.jpg

He is responding to drftankoonstein who is adar

Well, that seems like a very different interpretation :) my interpretation was: yes it will be released, but no, not by me. Or it might be hinting a collaboration.

To back up that interpretation (nothing new, but still): Squarepusher announced before his gig at Warp20 that he would be playing stuff from his own archives for the entire gig, and suddenly he plays this track and that other famous acid one (from 1h05m onwards in that set if anyone has it). Besides that, it sounds completely oldschool Squarepusher.

Well, that seems like a very different interpretation :) my interpretation was: yes it will be released, but no, not by me. Or it might be hinting a collaboration.

To back up that interpretation (nothing new, but still): Squarepusher announced before his gig at Warp20 that he would be playing stuff from his own archives for the entire gig, and suddenly he plays this track and that other famous acid one (from 1h05m onwards in that set if anyone has it). Besides that, it sounds completely oldschool Squarepusher.

To me: it's yes it wiil be released & no it's not squarepusher or a collaboration...

Then explain why Squarepusher announced it as his own archive stuff in 2009 during Warps 20th anniversary, and played that tune (with live bass noodling over it) shortly after he played another acidy track that sounds from the same era. Also I've never seen or hear Squarepusher play other peoples tracks before or since, especially not Aphex Twin tracks (and on the other hand: Aphex plays Squarepusher tracks in almost every set he does...)

I do prefer the original, because of the distorted harmonic-ish/organish chords later on and the more emphasis on the deep kick and ride and less on snare, also those trippy stabs in the middle

The organ bit makes me think it could be squarepusher, plus how repetitive and 303 it is

Archived