IGNORED

note that the Sci-Fi Staircase remix mystery is resolved

solarion

oh yeah the non-soundcloud scirem is the balls

the interesting Luke connection is that the ringing oscillator at the start is actually the end of Sidthug rather than part of the song, as it's cut from a mix. I don't think I've ever heard another transition that works so well.

oh yeah the non-soundcloud scirem is the balls

the interesting Luke connection is that the ringing oscillator at the start is actually the end of Sidthug rather than part of the song, as it's cut from a mix. I don't think I've ever heard another transition that works so well.

mind=blown

I had posted a clip, years ago, from a Vibert set that I thought was perhaps, AFX's remix... I called the clip Scirem ( for sci fi remix, as someone noted) It was never confirmed or denied, and I never remember hearing the track outside of that live set. But now we know that Scirem is not the actual RDJ remix, which now appears on Soundcloud. Soo... who is the author of Scirem? not sure. It's a top track though.

technically contest winner "Tahnaiya Russell" (aka afx) did the version that was posted on the soundcloud page.

And "Scirem" is another unreleased aphex track with no connection to vibert other than being in a set of his.

(right?)

technically contest winner "Tahnaiya Russell" (aka afx) did the version that was posted on the soundcloud page.

And "Scirem" is another unreleased aphex track with no connection to vibert other than being in a set of his.

(right?)

yes, right, kind of... not sure if that track is AFX or not, it's never been confirmed. Sounds like AFX to me though. The song scirem- does contain elements of Sci - Fi Staircase, though, hence my initial hunch.

Okay bear with me: so this track:

...is *not* the Luke Vibert remix, but it is confirmed to be an Aphex track that was included in a Luke Vibert mix back in 2006?

This is the work of Lord AFX

listen to "Buchla 200 Quad Eg,fm Osc Fb Network Edit Master Edit+3.mp3" from the syrobonkers interview, around 01:30 min. and you'll hear it

Archived