IGNORED

New album 2015 ?

Guest Joergen

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WNS000

Holy shit! Wasn't expecting that.

Quaristice soundboards won't happen though. They said they didn't recorded it if I remember correctly.

Holy shit! Wasn't expecting that.

Quaristice soundboards won't happen though. They said they didn't recorded it if I remember correctly.

They also said remastered live sets would never happen and look where we are now. One can dream.

Guest WNS000

They didn't said that. Even in that 2002 Warp interview they said they could theoretically do that but it would be a lot of work. One thing is "don't want to" and another thing is "can't do" because of simple unavailability of the material. If they don't have the recording they cannot release it (unless they were lying or suddenly found the source material in their HW).

Also, they haven't done any remaster of any of the livesets. The sets were simply recorded and mastered according to the plan.

if this black and white action keeps up, the black and white triangles have now changed to this

13220976_874949505967172_905671605772257

i think it is just a slow morph to this

av-5056.png?_r=0

to be honest, this is probably one of the most careless artworks I have seen in a while...

can't help but adore how deliberately ass it is. check out the mess that is the lower right corner. awesome! i bet there's some vain concept behind it, too! conflicting patterns / expectations blah. no, seriously, the triangles were cool but boring but this... is intriguing...

I really like the artwork. It does seem slightly sarcastic somehow. It definitely feels like Autechre though - they maintain that alien visual persona in increasingly subtle ways. There sure seems to be some objective message encoded in it but the subjective effect is more interesting. It's fun to imagine this as a data visualization that's actually more accurate, clear, or effective by virtue of the obscuring/overlapping/clipping. It's simple enough to make you feel stupid and like you're being made fun of but weird enough that it's cryptic and maybe slightly creepy.

the immediate aspect of this artwork is the systematic destruction of the principle of balance. I don't think you could have a series of circles and squares in a more unstable logic, as has built our "sense of space." There is a perverse attention in all this.

..Time passes, still hope for something to happen by 2015 or, at least, by 2014.

Guest hecanjog

the immediate aspect of this artwork is the systematic destruction of the principle of balance. I don't think you could have a series of circles and squares in a more unstable logic, as has built our "sense of space." There is a perverse attention in all this.

..Time passes, still hope for something to happen by 2015 or, at least, by 2014.

i like your reading of the image

Yeah you nailed it - it's about as disorienting as a few simple squares and circles could be. Too bad it's so fucking ugly. lol. I never liked the exai art either tbh

Archived