IGNORED

New album 2015 ?

Guest Joergen

I'm stoked! I'm relatively new to autechre (2012) so I have really no idea where they will go. Rest assured, it's going to be strange and good. lol.

You say that as if anybody here has the remotest idea. Hell I doubt Rob and Sean even know what it will be like until it's finished.

Also if they did an unreleased track dump like rdj my life might be complete with or without a new album.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind waiting a little longer yet. We've had a couple early year Ae LP releases in a row now, wouldn't mind something different. A couple other longtime favourite acts are also currently in the studio with likely mid-year releases, and I personally like Ae LPs to come out when new releases are a little dead so I can sink into it. I'd be happy with a fourth quarter 2015 release, like a similar release date to what L-Event had. I'll start getting a little restless if we tick over to July without any sniffs of potential release dates though.

That said, totally empathise with the thread. Once you tick past the 24 month point, particularly with such a consistently releasing track record, you start getting restless for even whiffs of the vaguest rumours.

I became an Ae fan in the Untilted-Quaristice break, and Quaristice was really the album that solidified my fandom, so I've at least been through a couple of these now. I also still have Incunabula to finally check out, which I'll keep up my sleeve in case of an unexpectedly long wait.

I hope they get the plonky guitar-like stuff from the live sets out of their system before they commit stuff to the album. I enjoyed it in that context but I could see it going down some Oversteps-y roads that I'm not too excited for them to revisit.

If they crank out another LP towards the end of this year, cool. But even if they delayed til March 2016 I'm fine with that too.

At this rate, I don't have any specific expectations. Let 'em do what they wish to do. Makes the end surprise all the more worth the wait.

My conjecture:

Would love an audio/visual dvd/blu-ray release (this is where the bloc promo video comes from). Forget the fixed 80 minute CD restriction; this muvva goes on for 3 hours and blows your mind in multiple ways with 5.1 surround recordings.

Also includes soundboard recordings of live shows as bonus content.

Twelb.

ae 4eva.

VAxjT1x.png

HbKRJ7K.png

daebunked

you bros with sean?

just chatmm screenshot, to show "as is" and to avoid confusions

like here: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84740-autechre-tour-cancelled/

about any new things on the horizon:

chronical

hey sean I don't know if these guys have asked you before but is there anything you could tell us about Autechre in 2015 we don't know yet? :)

Sean Ae

i dunno what to say really soz, there is stuff happening but now's not the time to tell you anything

so don't hold any expectations yet

I think the March '15 date came from this page:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84740-autechre-tour-cancelled/page-4

Just speculation based on releases of the last two albums. Nothing specific from Sean, except that he'd prefer to release an album and tour at the same time, and that we'd see it "sometime in distance."

Archived