IGNORED

the day ceephax surpassed his bro

Guest yikes

must've been around 2005-6?

imho squarepusher has lost it awhile ago and andy is now carrying the torch for the jenks family coat of lectronica.

i know people will hate me for this post and i don't mean to piss anyone off!

it's just one dude's opinion

but i am a die hard pusha fan ....right up to numbers lucent

i own all of tom's records up to JAS

i would have throwed the warp party into the mix but it's not an official release

i listen to andy's stuff a lot more than:

i realise it's not a competition but andy is killing it

just sayin'/slayin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow u are right. i didnt even plan on attending the ubafalum NYC tour date - but i was actually really upset when Ceephax cancelled his NYC date. would have been so fun lol.

I think stuff like Go Plastic is "better" (most technically complex) than some of Ceephax's stuff but at the end of the day I prefer listening to Ceephax. I agree but I don't think they're really comparable. They make completely different kinds of music

They're too different for me to compare..... ceephax is more driving and switching-off music, bopping your body along to the beats and melodies...

Squarepusher is more braindance, something to navigate on a different kind of drive, more cerebral.

I'd listen to a ceephax album more than a squarpuhser one ... but i think a squarepusher megamix, is much more rewarding than a ceephax one.... if i had to choose...

Squarepusher seems to be very attached to traditional structure in a certain way that I find a bit confusing, since even in traditional music, the best artists always seem to go a bit beyond/outside what the rules expect

Ok, that doesn't quite make sense. I think maybe my problem with squarepusher is the way the chords adhere to the bars a bit too rigidly, and the melodies to the chords, and the beats to the bars..

Or maybe I'm imagining that that is my problem, but really I just don't get it?

^ when I first heard that track, I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard. 10 years later I still think it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I love it. I like busting it out whenever I'm asked to play some music at my local or at work or whatever.

Used to be a huge Squarepusher fan in the 90's and 2000-2003 but sadly I have to agree with yikes. His last few albums, especially the synth-pop experiment, I never really listen to those. Ceephax doesn't take himself so seriously either which is refreshing.

I think Squarepusher has a mark on electronic music history no one can take away, particularly crazy beats, banging bass lines and loungy vibes.

Ceephax has carved out a deep niche indeed, but I think what Ceephax has is ability to put on an awesome show, he isn't too famous where he only plays stadiums etc., so he can put on this intimate show and then melt your brains, you know, intimately.

if they ever did join forces no one would be able to stop them!

i enjoy both of their music immensely but on such different frequencies or moods or what have you. its like theyre playing different sports, yknow, so it doesn't even cross my mind to consider one 'surpassing' the other.

but this is also why i agree that a collaboration release would be fantastic. some crazy hybrid music might emerge

Archived