IGNORED

the day ceephax surpassed his bro

Guest yikes

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sp was boring live

I'm LITERALLY typing this from a Squarepusher show. Although it isn't anywhere near as bad as the opener, the show is boring enough to make me want to go on watmm during it.

Man. Not to be a dick, but so much of this is just un-danceable, white, male, Prog-rock techno. He's come an awful long way from his mind-bending, booty slamming, rave-era acid jungle.

4001 is an undeniably great track, and the rest of ufabulum had some moments, but I'm thinking, after being a die-hard fan since 96, I may be done with him.

Say what you will about Andy being goofy or whatnot, but he is way more entertaining live and his music is much more listenable. This self-important cerebral stuff gets old fast.

Sorry Tom :(

sp was boring live

I'm LITERALLY typing this from a Squarepusher show. Although it isn't anywhere near as bad as the opener, the show is boring enough to make me want to go on watmm during it.

Man. Not to be a dick, but so much of this is just un-danceable, white, male, Prog-rock techno. He's come an awful long way from his mind-bending, booty slamming, rave-era acid jungle.

4001 is an undeniably great track, and the rest of ufabulum had some moments, but I'm thinking, after being a die-hard fan since 96, I may be done with him.

Say what you will about Andy being goofy or whatnot, but he is way more entertaining live and his music is much more listenable. This self-important cerebral stuff gets old fast.

:(

man.... My exact thoughts. Ufababoon and damaging furries are almost completely lost on me. There's a few good moments but it sounds so generic to me....

Guest yikes

sp was boring live

vindicated

i rest my case.

trust me when i say i wanted to love the new gear......but cro magnox just shits all over it without trying.

i mean how can any of you go from syro to damogen?

not even in the same building anymore

i have really tried to like damogen and it has a few moments but it really is lacking in groove/funk/dance vibes.

i find myself enjoying classic funk and soul so much more.

*put's baby huey's hard times on repeat

sp was boring live

vindicated

i rest my case.

trust me when i say i wanted to love the new gear......but cro magnox just shits all over it without trying.

i mean how can any of you go from syro to damogen?

not even in the same building anymore

i have really tried to like damogen and it has a few moments but it really is lacking in groove/funk/dance vibes.

i find myself enjoying classic funk and soul so much more.

*put's baby huey's hard times on repeat

After Syro I thought Squarepusher must be embarrassed as shit after putting a record like Ufabulum out, then he outdoes himself and makes Digimon Furries.

• 1 month later...

Tom seems to take himself really seriously.

I think he has a bit of a right to? I mean, ceepgax makes ALOT of novelty music, very niche simple stuff designed for fans of the late 1980s, but ◾️Pusher is deffo back on form ufabulum onwards, jut listen to that damogen furies, I mean listen!

He was coma-ing from 2006-2012 IMO.

• 11 months later...

Tom's DnB is the best DnB IMO. Whenever he stopped focusing on that with everything since Hello Everything, his stuff has just turned really... meh..? Andy is the total opposite, his stuff started off as fun little acid but he just keeps getting better and better. His melodic acid is absolutely incredible. His DnB on Exidy Tours wasn't anything to laugh at either.

No disagreements from me there other than "2006-2012", let's make that 2007-2012, Hello Everything is ace! ^

Agree, he really nailed it on Hello Everything except the wanky filler tracks. It was like if Feed Me Weird Things moved into a retirement center and started a garden (in a good way)

No disagreements from me there other than "2006-2012", let's make that 2007-2012, Hello Everything is ace! ^

Agree, he really nailed it on Hello Everything except the wanky filler tracks. It was like if Feed Me Weird Things moved into a retirement center and started a garden (in a good way)

Honestly there are some incredibly wicked moments on Hello Everything... Severely underrated. It's up there as one of my favorites, not to mention one of the first albums me and the wife listened to together in a less than sober moment (if you're on something, the hands on the cover play the instruments btw lol). So a bit of sentimental value for me also. Tracks like Plotinus, Welcome to Europe, Planetarium.... even Orient Orange when you consider the reference and the haunting weird vocal samples throughout. I don't know, I just think it's underrated.

heh srry for my outburst.

Which tracks do you consider wanky filler?

tl;dr I don't think we should be comparing the Jenkinson's, they're apples and oranges for the most part. I throw each of them on for different reasons.

It started off like every other day. "Fuck, I'm out of Dog Chub, off to Asda. Wait let me grab my 808 for the bus ride". Sitting in the handicap row to make room for his machinery, Andy twiddled and patterned and made some slick beats until the bus suddenly jolted to a halt. He almost dropped his 808 and the expression on his face, sheer terror, caught the attention of the elderly couple sitting across from him. He turned off his 808 and held it firmly against his bosom, as if it were a baby. He lifted his Poundland t-shirt, throwing quick glances side to side, and nursed the machine back to health as it suckled intelligence from his teat, priming it for the trax it would be making later that day.

As he stepped off the bus a light blinded him and he heard in a voice with very wide stereo width "Andy, you are much more well adjusted than your brother and the loving gesture you made for your equipment just then means I have chosen to imbue you with the power to clench the rectums of autists even tigher than you do so well already. Use this gift wisely."

On that day he created Red Dx Acid and surpassed his brother in catalog size and girth

Tracks like Plotinus, Welcome to Europe, Planetarium.... even Orient Orange when you consider the reference and the haunting weird vocal samples throughout. I don't know, I just think it's underrated.

Hello everything is ace IMO too, it's my favourite one after the one with Tundra.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh I haven't listened to it in a while but it was mostly the noise tracks. The jazzy/jungly stuff is good. Normally I enjoy little noise interludes but the ones on HE just weren't doing anything for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Oh I haven't listened to it in a while but it was mostly the noise tracks. The jazzy/jungly stuff is good. Normally I enjoy little noise interludes but the ones on HE just weren't doing anything for me.

Pretty much agreed!

i like ceephax's take on the matter:

"Having a brother in the same industry as you could potentially be trouble. Has your relationship evolved over the years, musically or otherwise? Were you ever competitive?

I was just making tunes at home with old synths for fun with no ambitions whatsoever, but at a certain point you have to make money to survive and that's why I'm here, because it's far better than working in a pound shop, which is all I'm qualified to do.

Of course, traveling to foreign countries with music is an incredible gift and I would never turn that down, as I love to travel and meet people. I wouldn't even try and compete with Tom on music, but it's Christmas soon so I'll have a go at beating him at Goldeneye on the N64, haha."

http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/shanghai/article/interview-ceephax-acid-crew

although i can easily see turrican II being a go plastic/ultravisitor era outtake so hes prob just being humble

Archived