IGNORED

New Site soon

Kavinsky

Joyrex, I really hope you're right about BOC having another album this year, but I seriously doubt it. I love their music and all, but as they themselves acknowledge, they don't really have a good grasp on the nature of time. Shit, I don't myself. But I do know enough to not get my hopes up by this kind of talk.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joyrex, I really hope you're right about BOC having another album this year, but I seriously doubt it. I love their music and all, but as they themselves acknowledge, they don't really have a good grasp on the nature of time. Shit, I don't myself. But I do know enough to not get my hopes up by this kind of talk.

There will be an LP this year.

why so negative ?

From what I've been told, they are working on their next album, and the intent was to have less of a gap between this upcoming release and Tomorrow's Harvest.

The fact they would be revamping their site (and announcing it no less) means sooner than later - so hopefully before the end of the year.

:emotawesomepm9:

why so negative ?

i don't think it's really that negative. id have thought an EP by now. maybe. but I'm in no way thinking there will be an LP this year. i think maybe its from all the years of "something is happening" to "maybe soon" etc. i think it's more realistic than negative to be skeptical about a new album immediately.

would be awesome though. i'm not sure i could handle 12 hours (and counting) of new aphex, new boc, new autechre, new tool and new radiohead all in one year...

Yeah, what Jules said. Don't misinterpret my remarks: I'm the biggest BOC fanboy around my neck of the woods, but because I've been following them like a devoted Pythagorean cult member (akousmatikoi) since "Geogaddi", my anticipation of new material has been tempered by years and years of "soon, y'all, we promise this time".

That said, I wonder if they're going to pull out something very new and different for us--e.g., announcing that they're member of The Sexual Objects and that they're going on tour in that capacity, not as BOC. Or that the new Sexual Objects album was produced by them and will be released on Warp records. (Recall that "Feels With Me" single with the production credits anagrams.) I remember that quite a few BOC fans were pissed about that "Rubber Cops" single having "Music70" on it and production credits to BOC. I actually really liked that stuff; not as much as their experimental Boards shit, but still. I guess will find out in about six years.

Why do people get pissed about any unexpected work that their favorite artists release? I don't know, but I remember reading some of the reactions from the fans who were vocally upset, like fat, hairy babies with their fingers in their asses. It was silly, but who gives a fuck. I see that sort of thing all the time with these guys.

but I remember reading some of the reactions from the fans who were vocally upset, like fat, hairy babies with their fingers in their asses.

great post, hah, fuck yeah!!!

on a more serious note, something about this band that bring the worst out of people, everyone seems to go a bit cuckoo with 'em.

probably because they seem so po-faced about comunicating with their fan base, so it turns into the usual shit fight at the first opportunity.

i still want a hell interface album

I want more tracks like Soylent Night. All of the Hell Interface tracks are waaaaay darker than usual BoC stuff, so an LP by them under this moniker may be great

i still want a hell interface album

I want more tracks like Soylent Night. All of the Hell Interface tracks are waaaaay darker than usual BoC stuff, so an LP by them under this moniker may be great

I always picture hell interface sounding like XYZ or something, a little more fluid and skittery, at least I wish. I would definitely welcome an album like that

really pleased - and excited - to hear this.

it struck me as odd that after releasing TH there wern't any single/EP releases to follow it. given the time gap before TH, i can see it making sense that a follow-up release might also take a little longer. so maybe it'll be an EP?

whatever it turns out to be, i'd sure as hell love to hear anything they're ready to put out.

but I remember reading some of the reactions from the fans who were vocally upset, like fat, hairy babies with their fingers in their asses.

great post, hah, fuck yeah!!!

on a more serious note, something about this band that bring the worst out of people, everyone seems to go a bit cuckoo with 'em.

probably because they seem so po-faced about comunicating with their fan base, so it turns into the usual shit fight at the first opportunity.

Years of false promises. No prediction about boc release dates was ever correct neither by jr, mdg or anyone else (prove me wrong if that's not correct)

i still want a hell interface album. like vaporwave but not shit.

hmm? what vaporwave have you been listening to?

I thought that was a good analogy. Both recycle old pop but HI is a lot better and less lazy.

Guest Chesney

I know you're only joking but fuck, this is the reason why forums get on my tits. People make others feel so awkward for sharing music.

I know you can tell when someone is doing things for the wrong reason i.e. fame but some people just want to share. And that is fucking great, especially when the music is of good quality and perfectly fitting to the tastes of the people in this place.

This is not my music, I have and never will promote my music in here unless I feel someone wants to for the right reasons.

Many people in here have awful attitudes towards music but still lord it like they are superior because they "understand" fast paced glitchy beats. people need to grow up.

Yes, I look like a dick now for going off the deep end but fuck it, i'm a nice, kind, thoughtful dick with morals now I lord it over you, you fucking horrible peasants.

;););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););)

But seriously, this is good music by someone who deserves a break.

Archived