IGNORED

New Site soon

Kavinsky

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent them a message... a transmission, if you will.

!!!!!

I know you're not going to tip your hand on this if there is something, but at least be kind enough to tell us if this is just incidental website downtime...

I honestly don't know why their site is down - like I said, I messaged them to let them know the site is down - I'm sure they don't bother to check it on even a monthly basis.

http://boardsofcanada.com/

it now directs to their catalog on bleep....something is definitely in the works...

I can feel it. I think you're right.

I don't think it will be re-issues as they've already done that recently.

My speculation is that the bleep redirect is temporary, while they are launching their website rebuild. I can only imagine the relaunch will come with new goodies of some kind....here's hopin'!

I hope it's like the old old site with all the exclusive tunes and interactive visualizations and things. That and the old Warp site are like the pinnacle of IDM's online identity.

it now directs to their catalog on bleep....something is definitely in the works...

Might make more sense to drive traffic that might lead to sales versus a purely informational site that frankly had little information...

Might make more sense to drive traffic that might lead to sales versus a purely informational site that frankly had little information...

you heard it here first, folks - the end!

:trollface:

Fair enough but I think it's still an unusual move for a band who's maintained a website for years, as sparse and minimal as it was.

If this was a poll, I'd vote for "It's over. No more boardsofcanada.com".

There's twitter, facebook, warp/bleep/bleepstores, dedicated fan sites... Why bother setting up/maintaining a website about yourself if all these other options are available and more effective?

Fair enough but I think it's still an unusual move for a band who's maintained a website for years, as sparse and minimal as it was.

These days, websites aren't as important as social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.)

There's twitter, facebook, warp/bleep/bleepstores, dedicated fan sites... Why bother setting up/maintaining a website about yourself if all these other options are available and more effective?

Yep.

Aye - Aphex Twin's only functioning webpage seems to be the syro darkweb things, the autechre.ws one only seemed to be for the webstreams, and did Squarepusher even have a site ?

He does - last updated with Damogen Furies stuff. More a splash page, really.

*realizes WATMM could fill the void by having full artist bios, discographies, interviews, etc.*

He does - last updated with Damogen Furies stuff. More a splash page, really.

*realizes WATMM could fill the void by having full artist bios, discographies, interviews, etc.*

you could even add an extra 260 pixels, that would afford the site more space for artist bios, dubturbo subscriptions, etc

These days, websites aren't as important as social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.)

Yep.

a lot of artists nowadays might mention some of their old mixtapes or demo albums on their facebook/bandcamp/sc accounts, if anything just to add to their list of works and build their profile. in 1999 boards of canada decided to do that on the indie little site they were hosting, and now those early albums (the kind nearly every famous artist did at some point) are hailed as solid gold, million-to-one rarities miles beyond whatever image those thumbnail jpegs were intended to be.

just a thought

• 2 weeks later...

Archived