IGNORED

Tanizaki

Leon Sumbitches

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Fuck, no idea to be honest man. I'm using wee pads to tap out the beat MPC-style, so with my left hand I was doing a 'kick... snare...kick... snare' pattern while with my right I was going 'hat-hat-hat-HAT, hat-a-hat-hat-HAT'. Four pads: Kick/Snare/First Hat/Second Hat. I hope that makes at least some sense, haha. To be honest it's more of a feel thing than actually sitting down and going 'ok, going to break this beat up into so-and-so divisions'. Glad you liked it mang!

New one:

• 2 months later...

I kinda wish the drums were more slobby and loose in "Five Minutes More". You should "humanize" them a bit more to make it fit with the rest of the samples you use ;)

Haha, weirdly enough I'm actually playing them in by hand... perhaps a few beers'll need to be taken before I lay down any more tracks ;) I'll have a play around with loosening things up and see how it goes!

Weird pastoral birdwatching vibes:

• 2 months later...

Archived