Sign in to follow this  
chenGOD

Patience rewarded: µ-Ziq soundcloud dump ongoing!!!

loving the old vibes mike.

it would be nice to hear some old classics at bang face (-;

First and foremost

taxi-drive-clap.gif

but while I'm here, is anyone else having issues trying to download these tracks right now or is it just me?

First and foremost

taxi-drive-clap.gif

but while I'm here, is anyone else having issues trying to download these tracks right now or is it just me?

that is the result of mike only having a regular soundcloud account, meaning every track has a limit on how many times it can be downloaded

:cry:

Amazing... this is almost too much.. almost.

Edited by chim

Guest styrofoamned

I have been going through tapes. Ones from 1982, with me and my friend Caspar singing in our school band 'Short Circuit' when we were 9 & 10, and 4-track stuff from 1986 (when i borrowed a recorder of someone) and 1989-91 (when i bought my own fostex 280). All pre-µ-ziq stuff. I found the first demo tracks I gave to a (pre-rephlex) aphex twin via my friend at college who knew him. This is all pre-sequencer stuff so played live onto a 4-track along with a (hr-16) drum machine. I started using a sequencer at my friends house in 1991 - but i already had all that stuff digitized.

I mean it's not all bad - Auqeam and Hector's House are from these 4-track sessions and they got released...

Mike, I saw you in Seattle just over 15 years ago it seems... Some guy filmed the whole thing but never sent me the footage.

You jumped off stage and asked me where I got my Mike and Rich shirt... I was scared you were gonna be mad that we made them

when the album was released.... (I had also snuck into the club to see you as I was only 20)... you asked

me if you could have one and then you signed mine with a ball point pen. I've still got it on my wall, but I still owe you a shirt. I think my

friend still has an original made in 1996. I'll see about getting it if you want it!

Thanks for the choons... always been the soundtrack of my best life!

R

p.s. You can see the shirt in my avatar pic. You remember?

Edited by styrofoamned

Guest styrofoamned

First and foremost

taxi-drive-clap.gif

that is the result of mike only having a regular soundcloud account, meaning every track has a limit on how many times it can be downloaded

Where do we send the money? Lets upgrade Mike!

First and foremost

taxi-drive-clap.gif

this!

First and foremost

taxi-drive-clap.gif

this!

I will contribute to this effort!

I have a feeling something good will happen re: the pro unlimited....;)

done!

I hope unlimited peeps can now download the tracks mr bambi =)

edit of my previous edit: Mr P I pm'ed you a url for free account upgrade.

Edited by StephenG

this is such a cool and crazy way of releasing music... amazing amazing times we live in!

this is such a cool and crazy way of releasing music... amazing amazing times we live in!

Awesome Stephen!

Looking forward to more quality blasts from the past. Been loving the Short Circuit record, Synthony No1 and Josephine the most so far.

Awesome Stephen!

Looking forward to more quality blasts from the past. Been loving the Short Circuit record, Synthony No1 and Josephine the most so far.

Really loving the Souvenir remix, it kind of reminds me of music my dad listened to back in the 90s.

Love it. Really happy vibes. =D

Thanks Stephen!!

Most welcome :emb:

thanks mike! sorry about the time i had a few too many bongs and gnt's and flooded the chatroom with my eric idle "wink wink" nonsense. i think you were talking about some upcoming planet mu stuff and i just kept typing stuff not realising you were bambi.

Nudge-nudge-wink-wink.jpg

fan question: how much of the stuff did you work really hard on, get burned out over, and sort of leave for a while only to come back to it now and be like "yeah alright" ? i can also imagine there is stuff that is made before a shift in how you view production and it sort of gets lost in time while you pursue new projects and sounds. also was going to say you should make a sort of troll "pepsi challenge" video with analogue and digital synth riffs but the catch is it is all made on your dx11 :)

Stephen youre da man! :beer: Downloading and happy. What a great and sunny morning!

steve's the man. let it be known that he has redeemed himself for that other thing which i can't even remember anymore.

thank you mikeP and stephenG!

2015, the year i bought 2 albums

cheers, just excited as 2015 has been unreal so far.

Unreleased back catalogue from 2 of my favorite artists :cerious:

Damn, "The Missing Piece" is incredibly catchy : it's amazing how it already sounds a lot like you Mike :)

Thank you so much for those uploads, we're spoiled !!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That's so sweet! thank you Stephen! :beer::catrecline::catfallen::catsalute:

Most welcome :emb:

:beer: