IGNORED

Patiently awaiting Squarepusher soundcloud dump

Nil

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if only tom started dumpin' unreleased tracks

the holy trinity

I'm afraid our discussions about his latest track might prevent him from starting his very own DumpTM :nacmat:

(pls show em you're the king and release the beast(s) Tom)

hahaha now i feel bad.

I ruined it for watmm =(

It's funny. I would have said an AFX dump would never happen and I was about to post that about tom but u never know...

the glimpses into toms vaults have been rare where as with aphex u got little presents here and there that let u know for sure there was a whole ocean of tracks there. It doesnt seem like tom enjoys sharing in the same way that Aphex does.

aye, the only early tracks from Squarepusher that I know is the stereotype EP, which kicks fucking ass

"Yeah i was aware watmm enjoyed the sonic atmosphere of ubufabulum so much that I have decided to release my vaults to them exclusively but with each track intricately patched in to my Ubufabulum set up and with live improvised bass noodles on top. Here's 150 of them"

"Yeah i was aware watmm enjoyed the sonic atmosphere of ubufabulum so much that I have decided to release my vaults to them exclusively but with each track intricately patched in to my Ubufabulum set up and with live improvised bass noodles on top. Here's 150 of them"

fkin lol

Tom Jerkstore did say in an interview he wanted to just put out his old tracks out there but I doubt Warp would allow it.

rick: you did rrobots first but im gonna dump first, haha :nelson:

/jk tom plz

fkin lol

fkin lol

Tom Jerkstore did say in an interview he wanted to just put out his old tracks out there but I doubt Warp would allow it.

I doubt Warp would have allowed the Aphex dump as well, yet with a userXXXXX account, everything's is possible...

Just saying...(tom pls)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dutch E-Zine 3voor12 did an interview with Squarepusher and they talked about Aphex's soundcloud dump. According to the journo Tom was getting all giddy when he was asked about it, although he didn't speak about getting his own stuff out in a similar way.

Basically, Tom said that he has released only 30% of the stuff he made (finished?) but that the things released were all worth it (therefore doubting wether it would be worth releasing the other stuff. He also questions wether the hype around the Aphex soundcloud would had a similar impact if he'd just released them as an expensive boxset and ponders wether or not people would've taken it more seriously in that case.

Here's a link to the interview but it's in Dutch only. I'll translate it later on if anyone is interested :)

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/nieuws/2015/april/Squarepusher---Ik-wil-mezelf-volledig-wissen-.html

• 1 month later...

Archived