IGNORED

Would You Be Willing To Pay For A Physical Release of the SoundCloud Tracks?

Joyrex

SoundCloud Tracks  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Pay For a Physical Release of the SoundCloud Tracks (see topic for details before answering)?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends (provide reasoning)

We're all enjoying immensely Richard's amazing "release" (insert dump, pro-dumpers) of unreleased material via SoundCloud, and making them available for download.

Some have even put together artwork and compiled them into collections, but being digital tracks, there's only so far something like that can go.

What if you could buy a "Best of" compilation, on a physical format(s), selected tracks, remastered, etc.?

Would you? If not, why not?

Of course, Richard would need to be willing to provide masters, and agree to it to begin with...

The mind reels at the possibilities...

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously doubt it's possible to make a wholly agreeable "Best of" compilation of all that material. But if it's close enough, and the mastering is done the right way, why not?

I seriously doubt it's possible to make a wholly agreeable "Best of" compilation of all that material. But if it's close enough, and the mastering is done the right way, why not?

With so many tracks, we'd probably have to do numerous rounds of voting to narrow down the list.... probably better to simply defer to Richard's excellent judgement on which ones he thinks are the best of the lot.

Yes. Several tens of dollars.

Yeah, affordability would be a must, although there's no reason a balls-out deluxe edition on vinyl would be off the table...
If we're talking physical I'd be willing to pay an order of magnitude above that, depending on how "complete" it was.

probably better to simply defer to Richard's excellent judgement on which ones he thinks are the best of the lot.

He mentioned something like that on his soundcloud page. But, I would suggest he goes by "Times played" on his soundcloud page. That's somewhat indicative of track likability. Not sure if it would coincide with my favorite tracks. Also dependant on how many tracks he would be willing to re-master.

I'm sorry, but can we replace 'Physical Release' in title of the thread with something else?

It's probably not going to be the most viewed thread in watmms history. But even so, lets not call it a 'physical release'. This is the Aphex Twin forum, have some sense of decency please.

This is a too plebeian/juvenile choice of words for someone who as graced us with tracks titles 'Shit Squidge' and 'Pump The Shit'. So please, change it before a few children will cry over of it.

"fly away babies, good luck!" is not what you say while physically releasing.

I'm sorry, but can we replace 'Physical Release' in title of the thread with something else?

It's probably not going to be the most viewed thread in watmms history. But even so, lets not call it a 'physical release'. This is the Aphex Twin forum, have some sense of decency please.

This is a too plebeian/juvenile choice of words for someone who as graced us with tracks titles 'Shit Squidge' and 'Pump The Shit'. So please, change it before a few children will cry over of it.

"fly away babies, good luck!" is not what you say while physically releasing.

I agree here, can't decide really. Unless Richard was the one deciding.

I would like maybe a "Soundcloud dump: selected HAB tracks" and "selected ab6 tracks" etc. But not just best of from the entire dump. I don't know

What the fuck am I saying, of course I'd buy it no matter what.

I would absolutely pay for lossless copies of any of all of these tracks in any format, physical or not. If they are professionally or semi-professionally mastered then even better.

Less interested in the trappings of a physical item on a shelf, although I’m sure that could be awesome if done well. But the highest-quality version of the tracks possible? Yep, would buy

Archived