IGNORED

Would You Be Willing To Pay For A Physical Release of the SoundCloud Tracks?

Joyrex

SoundCloud Tracks  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Pay For a Physical Release of the SoundCloud Tracks (see topic for details before answering)?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends (provide reasoning)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would gladly buy a best of (and inevitably be disappointed that its missing 73 of my personal faves.) But I would love to hear many of these fully mastered and on a physical release yes. I bought Chosen Lords after collecting Analords so there ya go. Maybe the ones he puts on spotlight in soundcloud could get a release? A 20 track LP would be great.. and maybe for more incentive to buy he puts an unheard track he made in 2015 in there as a teaser of things to come.

If Planet Mu did this and Mike compiled something out of this mess, I'd pay. If Richard released some sort of best of, I'd pay. But democratically chosen tracks picked up by members of an online forum? And I have to pay for it when the artist gave away those tracks for free in the first place? It feels counterproductive. Who here has a solid experience with successfully compiling memorable albums? *silence* I thought so... This is a forum, guys, not a label. :) Maybe watmm is trying a bit too hard to be something it's not?

If Planet Mu did this and Mike compiled something out of this mess, I'd pay. If Richard released some sort of best of, I'd pay. But democratically chosen tracks picked up by members of an online forum? And I have to pay for it when the artist gave away those tracks for free in the first place? It feels counterproductive. Who here has a solid experience with successfully compiling memorable albums? *silence* I thought so... This is a forum, guys, not a label. :) Maybe watmm is trying a bit too hard to be something it's not?

Mmmmmm, this is quite interesting that you think Mike can throw something together, ok he was a friend of the raver who made the tracks but he's not a Raver's Friend by any means....or indeed a Rave Colonel. You just don't trust Music Makers come in u with a proper tracklist, do you, Kid. Boorish to say the least.

But yeah, i would love someone to chop this up satisfactroly so i can listen to it without skipping for ages + having to remember weird track names.

Yes but no Swastika on the artwork this time please. Jk I would love to see this on vinyl in a similar format as the analords. Cd has not much value to me so I would really prefer vinyl

That's where WATMM would come in - we'd vote for the top [] tracks, and whatever makes the cut, work from that. The number of tracks would be dependent on what format(s) it would be released on, etc.

The whole point of a physical release would be the collectability of it - taking a digital thing, and making it real - souvenirs are best if they are attractive and can be displayed. Digital files on a hard disk are not, despite their convenience.

I'd pay for it anyway. Although I'm not into the whole collectables thing, or the must have physical/real artwork thing either. Just wish to have these tracks properly mastered and lossless. As long as that is the case, I'm a happy camper.

Format? How about a custum made 'mp3' player (notice those 's, as it should be able to play lossless as well). It's as if you're buying Rich's long lost player. And it's the only format which could carry the most track!

I also would have gladly put my money on the table for all these incredible trax, but now that they've been dumped & I have them all, not 100% that I would pay for a physical release. For a nice remastered vinyl though, I might...

But, with over 150 tunes, all with an incredible consistency of quality, how do you begin to decide what's "Best Of"??

If it was just a matter of the MP3 files being burnt straight to disc/pressed to vinyl then probably not.

If the chosen tracks were lossless and properly mastered, I'd definitely be more inclined to indulge.

If we had some tasty official artwork/packaging to go with the remasters, I'd pre-order in a heartbeat. (Syro/CCAI art was cool and all, but I'd prefer something a little more interesting. Lots of words and lots of pictures!)

if it's just favourite tracks of a random crowd - not really.

if it's a compilation of richard's favs with some cool info in it - prolly. but prolly not really. it's 11 hours, there is just no way it can be distilled down to a satisfying 6h box set, let alone a single or even double CD.

so generally not really. i enjoy it for what it is. a vast and random collection of songs in mp3 quality. with little infos here and there. it's cool. i'd much rather pay richard for a new release he's excited about, like the CCAI2 EP, not some old stuff he gave away because whatever.

Archived