IGNORED

Would You Be Willing To Pay For A Physical Release of the SoundCloud Tracks?

Joyrex

SoundCloud Tracks  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Pay For a Physical Release of the SoundCloud Tracks (see topic for details before answering)?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends (provide reasoning)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think the point of "fly away babies good luck" meant that this tracks are on their own now. they are grown up and can have their own decisions. richard is not the papa that looks and cares for them anymore.

do "ze best of dump" or release them anyhow if you wish, do your own tapes or CDs, deleted some dumb ones and keep only the best for you, do what whatever, he gave away that tracks for free and he doesnt care

remember that interview when he said his friends would make an albums out of his tracks?

we are all his friends now, he just gave us the tracks

i wont pay a penny for this right now, i have them on player, pc, cds, psp, ordered what i like etc

maybe sometime ill change my mind

but now it's just some mp3's my friend gave me to listen and enjoy

thank you, friend

Your post made me change my mind.

Richard is done with these tracks.

Syro was the palate cleanser, SoundCloud dump has wiped the slate clean. CCAI2 is the start of the next phase and I'm sure he won't want to revisit this old stuff again.

The fans waited a long time for new music, and he has delivered overwhelmingly with old music and will now (hopefully) can concentrate on the new stuff.

Let it go, let it go

Can't hold it back anymore

Let it go, let it go

Turn away and slam the door

This.

edit: If this were to happen tho it would be lovely if the leftover money went to that Amen Break fundraiser for Richard L Spencer.

One the one hand yes, for the remastering, but I do enjoy the nature of this 'release', the random explosion of music, the way I'll never in a hundred years know which track is coming next when I play them and the fact that the running order seems to be different on my laptop and iPod. Putting it all on a disc seems a little akin to putting a wild beast in a cage so we can all watch it in comfort rather than head into the wil and let it shit us up a bit.

Hadn't read Mag's post. That pretty much nails it. For me this was a new and brave release, to constrain it to discs would be to miss the point a little.

user48736353001 comment:

none of these uploads have been mastered by the way so you might need to tweak the eq a bit, like this one needs a bit more low added etc. Might re-do the most popular ones but rather be makin new stuff

i would pay for a cd of the most popular finished up.

It would be cool if simply voting on watmm would secure you a copy of the boxset... and maybe determine the number of editions.

It would be mental if the 231 votes on here were used to determine how many editions of a boxeset were made. After all, how many copies of Syro sold worldwide?

but since it's impossible that my "best of" would be everyone's i don't think it would ever happen... and like many of you say, it doesn't seem to be richard's intention, that releasing via soundcloud is actually the funny part of all this and i think it's his way to put an end to all of the old stuff. but who knows?

Guest Tristan

Perhaps i should note in this topic that a lot/ most dj's in the discothek still prefer to play their stuff from the vinyl single

Archived