bit of sleuthing reveals that it's from this:

Memories_1995_poster.png

a sci-fi anthology with the creator of Akira as the exec producer. dunno how I've never heard of this before. to the top of my watch list it goes.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, usagi said:

Memories_1995_poster.png

a sci-fi anthology with the creator of Akira as the exec producer. dunno how I've never heard of this before. to the top of my watch list it goes.

let us know if it's good!

3 hours ago, usagi said:

Memories_1995_poster.png

Had this on Doovdah for yeeaaarrsss. Nightshift staple

3 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

let us know if it's good!

it is

^ looks v promising, exactly the kind of thing I like in anime. art style is fantastic.

4 hours ago, usagi said:

just another reason to never go on a cruise.

(stupid broken reddit links, reposting for great justice)

30fiU0g.jpg

Edited by usagi

19 hours ago, usagi said:

Memories_1995_poster.png

i think i've actually seen it. long ago. but it's been so long. will have to track it down and watch it again. 

To be fair, I can't take all the credit. Ignatius, Lada Laika, and Lewps are major contributors to the Dank movement as well. Plus Prdct's dankness has a unique surreal quality that stands out among the rest.

• Haha 2

For the past while, these columns of dank have been stopping around the halfway point of each post, on different computers.  For instance ignatius' last one stops partway through the "have we tried exploding food" one, then there's empty space equivalent to at least another 4 or 5 memes.  Reloading does nothing.  Anyone else having this?  It's pretty frustrating, considering the level of dank leading up to it.  That caveman music invention bit?  Fuck me.

edit: also gone is the option of reacting to said post.  I can react to memeless posts as normal tho, but that's far less essential.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova