IGNORED

Kerrier District 4

Bubba69

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

OOO yeah. whole album of kerrier goodness. kind of skipped 3. enjoying this on first couple listens :)

It's live on spotify now for people still waiting on their shipments...

THANKS! First time I had to resort to a stream-site like Spotify for something like this, but now I can finally hear the bloody thing! :music:

Here's a good interview with Luke on RA

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?2457

Yeah, just posted it in his interview thread earlier :) quite revealing. Bit nasty that Aphex live story too.

BUT PLEASE SOMEONE release his slow downtempo hip-hop Wagon Christ tracks!

Whoops, didn't check that thread. I agree wholeheartedly. Wagon Christ is my favorite of his monikers and I would love to hear downtempo type tracks rather than upbeat hip-hop ones.

Man, this album is doooooooope. Luke can never do anything wrong with me. this is gonna be my spring/summer soundtrack, I'm pretty sure.

just bought this, friggin love it. super grooves right in time for the sunshine around here. thanks luke, thanks hypercolour, thanks bandcamp!

"[95-97]... That era I just reached some sort of point where I haven't really managed to go beyond. I am still at that point."

Wow, Luke sounds very realistic here.

haha well it certainly hasn't gotten worse! His new shit has been some of his best ever. IMO.

One listen in, this is easily on par with the other Kerrier District releases. Fantastic. The one that stands out so far is Sexspurt, got that classic KD1 feel to it.

Just like the rest I'm reserving this one for the summer album of 2015, see how it'll work out :music:

So, did Luke play a real drumkit for 'Live Disco'? Maybe played the other bits live over it later too? It sounds like it and there are some clues that it might be (read the interview above), but that would be an interesting new direction for him imo!

So, did Luke play a real drumkit for 'Live Disco'? Maybe played the other bits live over it later too? It sounds like it and there are some clues that it might be (read the interview above), but that would be an interesting new direction for him imo!

There were indeed some acoustics that made it sound like a live drumkit... I was amusing myself by wondering if he simply used aphex's contraption?

I'm just going to go ahead and say it since apparently nobody else in this thread gives a fuck. This is the best kerrier district record.

still waiting for my rekkid. Waiting to listen properly. The previews are lush

To whoever said the bass in Techno Disco is from another one bites the dust- That may be a bass sample from the "wild Style" soundtrack _ I forget which track, although it's very similar to Queen. I'll try to find the wild style track (Luke has sampled that OST many times)

Archived