IGNORED

The Winstons Amen Breakbeat Gesture

YangYing

isnt this more a case of being fucked by Metropolitan Broadcasting Corp./Metromedia ? ( i know most old contracts do not give artists much of anything but its funny that it's never mentioned).

I do understand the generosity behind it tho and i am not against the idea of giving donations to this cause - BUT isnt whatever company that still owns the song obligated to suck some of this kickstarter money up?

I do understand the generosity behind it tho and i am not against the idea of giving donations to this cause - BUT isnt whatever company that still owns the song obligated to suck some of this kickstarter money up?

Like I said earlier, if you don't enforce copyright (or only selectively enforce it) then you will (very likely) lose it.

If I start making t-shirts with the Aphex logo, and Warp is aware of this and lets me do it anyway. And then someone else uses the Aphex logo and Warp tells them to stop and they don't and it goes to court...if those people can show that in the past Warp was not serious about enforcing their copyright, then Warp will lose.

im seriously upset this happened for totally selfish reasons, how funny would it have been for like everybody who has ever written a hit jungle record to get a fake cease and desist letter from the Wintons. i think it would have been hilarious

Pity it isn't going to the drummer (rip) or his family as well.

If they can find the tapes from the session and also hook the drummer's family up in the proceeds then there will deffo be a few million in this, otherwise it's just a drop in the ocean. Hope it goes big like the Caustic Window kickstarter.

Will be donating to this for sure. Despite the amen break's ubiquity I still love it and there are times when making a track and it's the only thing that will take the track to the right place.

Archived