IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

..hmmm. I am more compelled to listen now at least. If it sounds like what I fear it will sound like though, I hope he does an Aphex and digs deep into his analogue gear on the next one and puts some real feeling back into his music.

Use of analogue gear does not automatically = feeling. Ufabulum used mostly analogue synths (101 and CS80), and everyone was shit talking that because of digitalness and lack of feeling. Judging from the PR blurb this one will be all Reaktor patches, but I doubt most people could genuinely tell the difference between the two.

Where did you hear that ufabulum had any 101 and cs80? Admittedly it's been a while since I listened to it but I don't recall hearing anything like that on it. Even the '303' in scopem was obvs a software patch

I guess he said that based on the 4001 stems that poped up during the remix contests, some were named "SH101" or "CS80" iirc

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest trananhhung

Dude who wrote that's favourite band is U2 lol.

Could you rephrase that? I'm actually curious about what you were trying to say.

If you scroll to the bottom of the article, the guy who wrote it lists his favourite bands as U2 and Stone Roses, and favourite album as Achtung Baby.

Minging!

http://www.xsnoize.com/squarepusher-announces-new-album-damogen-furies-out-in-april/

Achtung Baby was pretty dope if I remember it well. I know nothing about the Stone Roses, though. :(

..hmmm. I am more compelled to listen now at least. If it sounds like what I fear it will sound like though, I hope he does an Aphex and digs deep into his analogue gear on the next one and puts some real feeling back into his music.

Use of analogue gear does not automatically = feeling. Ufabulum used mostly analogue synths (101 and CS80), and everyone was shit talking that because of digitalness and lack of feeling. Judging from the PR blurb this one will be all Reaktor patches, but I doubt most people could genuinely tell the difference between the two.

Where did you hear that ufabulum had any 101 and cs80? Admittedly it's been a while since I listened to it but I don't recall hearing anything like that on it. Even the '303' in scopem was obvs a software patch

I guess he said that based on the 4001 stems that poped up during the remix contests, some were named "SH101" or "CS80" iirc

there was no sh101 in the stems, only cs80, fs1r, vsts etc.

btw i hope to god Stor Eiglass is not the 'story glass', untitled thing from the bbc thing, but it seems like it might be... that track is bad, if not even worse than rayc fire.

the running man on the other hand, that owned

i changed my mind about ufabulum and found what was bugging me!! :

i deleted first 4 pop tracks and it became a fucking ace EP all of a sudden :w00t:

try it yourselves, im not kiddin! xDDD

edit: if new LP will be like this im totally fine, just stop that bullshit cheesy pop tracks tom

edit2: ok dark stering is still little pop

Guest trananhhung

I remember the first couple of days of Ufabulum and thinking that I only liked the first 4 tracks. A week after I was starting the album with Red in Blue, every time. I see your point. But pop? POP?

balloon-pop-md.png

I remember the first couple of days of Ufabulum and thinking that I only liked the first 4 tracks. A week after I was starting the album with Red in Blue, every time. I see your point. But pop? POP?

balloon-pop-md.png

if you take out all dsp and fuckery, you've got 4 perfect miley cyrus tracks. I almost hear japanesse schoolgirls singing in the background of the energy wizard, dancing and clapping. I can't stand the cheesy "choruses" of the 4001, i probably will just cut that off, the rest of track is fine. And stadium ice lyrics would be about boyfriend dumped a girlfriend in rainy day and shes like crying looking at rainy window with coffe. And unreal square...la lala lala...no comment.

He also talked about using them on his new stuff in that Sound on Sound interview (which was after Shobaleader), I was probably exaggerating when I said he 'mostly' used them though.

Guest bitroast

I cant get over how shitty some squarepushers fans are being in here.

Ie. ~'I don't like squarepusher doing new things and keeping things fresh. squarepusher trying new things is evidence he has run out of ideas. He should be creative and make music for his fans by doing the exact same thing he did twenty years ago.'

Pffffft. The new track rocks.

This thread is offensive.

balloon-pop-md.png

if you take out all dsp and fuckery, you've got 4 perfect miley cyrus tracks. I almost hear japanesse schoolgirls singing in the background of the energy wizard, dancing and clapping. I can't stand the cheesy "choruses" of the 4001, i probably will just cut that off, the rest of track is fine. And stadium ice lyrics would be about boyfriend dumped a girlfriend in rainy day and shes like crying looking at rainy window with coffe. And unreal square...la lala lala...no comment.

Haha. I can sort of see where you're coming from, but I love those tracks, especially Energy Wizard.

Do you like My Red Hot Car?

Ie. ~'I don't like squarepusher doing new things and keeping things fresh. squarepusher trying new things is evidence he has run out of ideas. He should be creative and make music for his fans by doing the exact same thing he did twenty years ago.'

yep. i dont know where to start.

Get a grip.

If you like the new track good for you.

But compared to his past discography it's pure drivel.

It's like comparying Syro to Aphex' "Elephant Track".

Call me a shitty fan all you want, I've supported Tom through his career but this track sucks dick.

Guest trananhhung

Yeah, I've bought all his records and EPs. All in CDs. I believe I'm entitled to say that the track is awful. For the first time, I may not get one of his records - and you should get over it.

Woah why so much hate WATMM ? Both for the track and its defenders ?

Tom we really need a new sample to have new opinions pls, otherwise your subforum will collapse on itself :catnope:

so if this were an art exhibit of an artist you liked you would walk up the artist and say their new stuff is awful?

there's tons of music i dont like, i dont troll the people who do like it. you're punishing tom and the people who are into this because he made things you liked in the past

thanks for sharing your opinions. maybe its a good thing you expressed your contempt, so that will set tom aright. artists should do what others want.

not rude and unpleasant at all. carry on.

dont bother expressing your opinions in respectful ways. its best put insulting terms.

^ this + I always found Tom very courageous not being scared of doing something new every time even tho he knew it would piss most of his fans off.

That's part of the appeal of a new SP release to me :)

so if this were an art exhibit of an artist you liked you would walk up the artist and say their new stuff is awful?

there's tons of music i dont like, i dont troll the people who do like it. you're punishing tom and the people who are into this because he made things you liked in the past

thanks for sharing your opinions. maybe its a good thing you expressed your contempt, so that will set tom aright. artists should do what others want.

dont bother expressing your opinions in respectful ways. its best put insulting terms.

what's so bad about expressing your opinion? noone is trolling tom, we talk with each other and not him. No one is waliking towards Tom and saying that it's awful, he probably doesn't read forums anyway! Most people still said they will listen to album before judjing it as a whole! he hasnt started art exebition yet, it's just a flyer on the door, and some people don't like the font, thats all. There is nothing wrong in it.

not everyone was happy about syro when it came out, but it's ok, to all their own, you still can share your opinion and tell why exactly you didnt like it and wont be banned for it. It's friggin democracy here.

Tom doesnt give a fuck about what we think anyway, or he would actually produce the album for fans, and not himself

what's so bad about expressing your opinion? noone is trolling tom, we talk with each other and not him. No one is waliking towards Tom and saying that it's awful, he probably doesn't read forums anyway! Most people still said they will listen to album before judjing it as a whole! he hasnt started art exebition yet, it's just a flyer on the door, and some people don't like the font, thats all. There is nothing wrong in it.

not everyone was happy about syro when it came out, but it's ok, to all their own, you still can share your opinion and tell why exactly you didnt like it and wont be banned for it. It's friggin democracy here.

Tom doesnt give a fuck about what we think anyway, or he would actually produce the album for fans, and not himself

look i know i'm not the watmm police or something, it's just fucking unpleasant reading all these old school pusher fans deposit their vitriol in such harsh terms, and in addition to that, maybe tom does read it. remember the autechre guys said all the big electronic people come here, especially around release time? i'm sure tom has tons of better things to do than read all these 12 pages, but i wouldn't doubt that he's checked the thread out.

i dont mind people expressing negative opinions if they do it in a respectful way, which many posters in this thread have done. it's when it's snide, condescending, and insulting that it's just putrid garbage left in the thread, and we dont need it. tom isnt trying to make feed me weird things 2 or go plastic 2. nobody cares if you're so upset that this isnt that.

^ this + I always found Tom very courageous not being scared of doing something new every time even tho he knew it would piss most of his fans off.

That's part of the appeal of a new SP release to me :)

Yeah. I mean, come on people. Tom has been testing and pushing his fans, not giving what they want, doing completely other things, ever since 1998 with Music Is The Rotted One Note. I don't like over half of Just A Souvenir, the Vacuum Tracks EP pissed me off, and the D'demonstrator thing just left me cold. But I'll just say "oh well" and await what he will do next. But I'll never say stuff like "why doesnt he make a new Hard Normal Daddy", or "i hope he uses the amen break again soon" (seriously watmm, wtf). It's like some "fans" here just don't understand Squarepusher at all. Have they not been paying close attention?

It reminds me a bit of the type of Autechre "fan" who just wants them to make the next Amber, and is disappointed by just about anything they've released afterwards (and yet still feel the need to go to Autechre forums and express their bile).

No, you don't have to like the new SP track. You don't have to like it at all. But don't act all emotional like it's the very first time Tom did a thing you don't like. Some really exaggerate their negative opinions a little bit too much, and draw the wrong conclusions, like "he's completely lost it now" (which is what people have been saying since 98 I reckon). And some are just saying plain stupid stuff like "he is obviously trying to get the attention of the EDM crowd".

Personally, I think the idea of doing an album with all tracks done in one take with no editing is very interesting. And I find the track interesting too. This shit's more interesting than that Vacuum tracks EP. Seriously, fuck that EP. Fuck it till it bleeds. No amen at all in there. wtf tom srsly

Archived