IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This failed the wife test in the car yesterday. Ufabulum didn't.

But I think I like it, except for a few bits that have been mentioned enough already.

Baltang Arg receives the rating of: Salora! High Qualituu, Yes, Finnish Mark, Good Internals. Yes.

Kontenjaz is still gross though.

false

is the single best hting ever

yes yes yes

yes

yes

yes

(im writing this qhile hearing for 1st time I love this I fucking yes)

I've only listened once so far, so my opinion may change but...

i swear this one is all killer no filler. He makes every second count on this album. There's not a moment where I'm not engaged and excited to hear what comes next. I was happy to hear a significant stylistic shift on Ufabulum, but it sounded like he was still trying to get comfortable with it. On this one he's really fine tuned that style and taken it further. Plus the composition is really well thought out this time. The arrangements are perfect. I'm not sure if this is one of my favorite SP releases just yet, but it may well be his most consistent.

*The mix is really nice too.

I've only listened once so far, so my opinion may change but...

i swear this one is all killer no filler. He makes every second count on this album. There's not a moment where I'm not engaged and excited to hear what comes next. I was happy to hear a significant stylistic shift on Ufabulum, but it sounded like he was still trying to get comfortable with it. On this one he's really fine tuned that style and taken it further. Plus the composition is really well thought out this time. The arrangements are perfect. I'm not sure if this is one of my favorite SP releases just yet, but it may well be his most consistent.

*The mix is really nice too.

I have only heard up to Exjag Nives as of now but these are my thoughts so far as well,

and oh shit, no this is the best thing ever fucking ever

You may be right. I have a tendancy to be either overly excited or disappointed by albums on my first listen, so I didn't want to overshoot my opinion load just yet... but I'm leaning towards this being one of his best.

You may be right. I have a tendancy to be either overly excited or disappointed by albums on my first listen, so I didn't want to overshoot my opinion load just yet... but I'm leaning towards this being one of his best.

Is definitely better than Syro (edit: imho), I'm for real - I'm hooked with all my soul into this

I have no idea how someone could put this above XMAS_EVET10 or CIRCLONT6A, but I like it. Listened through about 10 times now!

The two albums aren't really comparable in my mind, completely different beasts IMO. Both quite good though.

D Frozent Arc is on my top 5 tracks of all time atm, can't stop listening to it

That might be my favorite off the album.

Big bass, lots of cool little fx, trademark squarepusher melody... only complaint is that it ends too quick!!

It usually takes me a good 4 or 5 listens to know if I really like an album, but I've listened to Damogen Furies only twice, and I am loving it. It has a lot of what I was hoping for. So far, Kontenjaz, Exjag Nives, and D Frozent Aac are my favorites. I just wish the album weren't so short. 8 tracks, 3 of which I'd already played to death before it was released... That's where my disappointment lies. But this album bangs pretty hard so far.

Just think, you all were afraid that it was going to be some EDM-fame-reaching trash.......

Yeah, I'm 1.5 listens in, and I'm certain now this is just as good if not better than I thought initially. It's great to hear him go balls-out in the flashy drum programming department again, but still manage to keep everything melodically rewarding. This is just so much fun to listen to. Might become my fave SP release.

Big bass, lots of cool little fx, trademark squarepusher melody... only complaint is that it ends too quick!!

Yeah definitely cut too short @ the end. The beat work in it is hard to contend with though.

That and Baltang Ort are the two main trax that give DF replay value for me.

Guest bitroast

prefer vinyl tracklist almost entirely because D Frozent Arc is such an abrupt and weird song to end the album on. much prefer the abrupt ending and then bam!! into track 2.

Yeah definitely cut too short @ the end.
the last 40 secs is the best acid-to-ear intercourse it have ever received and I could listen to it for ever

this album seems to compress 43 minutes into about 17

Yeah it's like an IDM version of Reign in Blood, superfast thrash metal sucked into and then spewed out by machines.

It's pretty fucking nuts, and most importantly a real grower. There is one track here, I'm not sure which one (in the latter half), that punches drums to a part of my brain that feels that they haven't experienced that sound before.

Chicken Oriental this one.

Archived