IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I've noticed is this and ufab seemed to get a fair amount of hate, while some of his peers (like Clark etc) releasing around the same time were getting high praise.

I guess what I'm saying is his recent output is not my favorite of his but when compared to some of the other stuff coming out around the same time - they hardly seem comparable.

How can people prefer Death Pig to this album for example?

Still the best time I’ve had listening to this album was the DFN set.

That set really scratched the IDM itch for that weekend. The visuals were awesome, too.

• 1 year later...

I totally glazed over DF and Ufabulum.  I keep forgetting that there were two albums released in that time.  It's my own shortcoming and I'm working on it.  Sorry Tom.  Pretty sure they were both excellent and I just didn't give them their fair due.  I'll be sure to give recent SP output more listening time in 2020.

1 hour ago, Stickfigger said:

I honestly think that there is a lot of this that is ported over to the new stuff in terms of drum programming and sound design so i am struggling to understand the hate for DF but love for this new stuff from so many on here.

yup, I totally agree. In terms of the structure and programming there's a lot of DF in the new one, in terms of the melodic/harmonic/tonal aspects it's more like his 90s stuff, Big Loada in particular (which is not surprising as it's mostly the same gear).

2 minutes ago, Aural Unrest said:

I used to be a massive fan of Squarepusher up until Hello Everything

I've read this from a couple of people now.. does this mean up and including or not including hello everything? cuz the modern bass guitar is imo THE tits

3 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

I've read this from a couple of people now.. does this mean up and including or not including hello everything? cuz the modern bass guitar is imo THE tits

Including. Love that album. Didn't make that clear. Sorry. 

Though it is a patchy album and the cover is a bit iffy (hey I'm reelaxing in a pink shirt, casually playing various instruments)

Planetarium is one of his best tracks OF ALL TIME

I'll savagely snip your nutsack off with a pair of rusty garden sheers and nail it to Beaconsfield church door tonight if you think otherwise!!!

Praise The Lord 

28 minutes ago, beer badger said:

Though it is a patchy album and the cover is a bit iffy (hey I'm reelaxing in a pink shirt, casually playing various instruments)

Love hello everythings cover, gotta work 10 faders on that mixer!

Damogen cover on the other hand is a bit tryhard, looks like the designer just discovered photoshop

The cover of Hello Everything - on a nice dose of [hallucinogen], the hands play the instruments right in front of you. V Snares Calvacade of Glee album has a similar effect, the cow machine parts all moving. 

Good times. 

Archived