IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That downloadable track is quite possibly the worst song he's ever written.

Should of just called it "rusty door lp".

Don't get me wrong, SP is still my favourite artist of the bunch because he has so many fucking great tracks, but I really don't understand what he's up to these days..

After having listened to the downloadable track... I have to agree with you. Boring, pointless, annoying. Sorry for those who love the song, this is of course just my impression.

Tom is furious! I am very excite and curious to hear what the rest of this one is like... Tom is moving direct into a harsh noise realm with Rayc Fire...I kinda like the anti-music vibe, but can't really repeat listen.

But he's coming to LA in april! Do want!

Harsh noise? Don't tell that to harsh noise fans hehe. This is not harsh noise.

That downloadable track is quite possibly the worst song he's ever written.

Should of just called it "rusty door lp".

Don't get me wrong, SP is still my favourite artist of the bunch because he has so many fucking great tracks, but I really don't understand what he's up to these days..

After having listened to the downloadable track... I have to agree with you. Boring, pointless, annoying. Sorry for those who love the song, this is of course just my impression.

lbkVRfT.png

looking forward to the album and hope he plays at dour with Autechre!

Guest teetime

squarepusher15.jpg?w=1182

The bulk of the LP was recorded while Jenkinson spent the last two-plus years on the road, using a special setup made to recreate his studio setting back home.

With the LP, Jenkinson has “synthesized” two distinct inspirations that have run throughout his career: “that of Miles Davis-school jazz, and that of dance music.” These “distinct traditions” then “intersect and interact,” resulting in a record “that often straddles nightmarish drill ‘n’ bass and the early work of electric jazz pioneers.” Damogen Furies is where “we hear a truthful, unembellished representation of how those instruments sound. All of the recordings here were made in one take, with no edits. It is a record that has the brutal energy and vivaciousness of a debut.”

This wont be a new ufabulum! More tracks in the vain of angstrom feck 4 (or *5) , modern bass guitar.

The bulk of the LP was recorded while Jenkinson spent the last two-plus years on the road, using a special setup made to recreate his studio setting back home.

With the LP, Jenkinson has “synthesized” two distinct inspirations that have run throughout his career: “that of Miles Davis-school jazz, and that of dance music.” These “distinct traditions” then “intersect and interact,” resulting in a record “that often straddles nightmarish drill ‘n’ bass and the early work of electric jazz pioneers.” Damogen Furies is where “we hear a truthful, unembellished representation of how those instruments sound. All of the recordings here were made in one take, with no edits. It is a record that has the brutal energy and vivaciousness of a debut.”

This wont be a new ufabulum! More tracks in the vain of angstrom feck 4 (or *5) , modern bass guitar.

oh, this has renewed my interest

Tom is furious! I am very excite and curious to hear what the rest of this one is like... Tom is moving direct into a harsh noise realm with Rayc Fire...I kinda like the anti-music vibe, but can't really repeat listen.

But he's coming to LA in april! Do want!

Harsh noise? Don't tell that to harsh noise fans hehe. This is not harsh noise.

this sounds fucking awesome!!

when i read things here like , his outpout since 2001 isnt interesting or boring i get a heart attack. just sounds like random hate towards a genius

I love ultravisitor and hello everything. JAS had its moments of genius (quadrature being the highlight for me) but the mastering bothered me as it was missing a lot of the low end I enjoy in electronic music. Ufabulum I enjoyed quite a bit, more so now than when it came out.

when i read things here like , his outpout since 2001 isnt interesting or boring i get a heart attack. just sounds like random hate towards a genius

It's not that it isn't well done, incredibly thorough, and detailed music. I just don't care for much of his melodies and songs after 2001.

Not random hate, just opinion. People here are fairly opinionated - don't have a heart attack, man.

:beer:

well let's be hopeful,after all it's tom

ufabulum live was awesome,in my crib it's not

ultravisitor/numbers luc and the warp 20 were the last times he knocked me sox off

tom pls

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The man is out of ideas. Simply creatively bankrupt. The actual sound of this single might be tricky to replicate, but the composition is just so uninspired and boring. Sounds like one of my own attempts at making complex beats, ironically trying to mimmic the SP from the golden days. I'm not holding my breath for this release.

Guest bitroast

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The man is out of ideas. Simply creatively bankrupt. The actual sound of this single might be tricky to replicate, but the composition is just so uninspired and boring. Sounds like one of my own attempts at making complex beats, ironically trying to mimmic the SP from the golden days. I'm not holding my breath for this release.

it sounds nothing at all like someone trying to mimic sp from the golden days.

lolol

it sounds nothing at all like someone trying to mimic sp from the golden days.

lolol

Emphasis on trying (and failing). It's one of the reasons why I'm so underwhelmed by this track. It's as if he just said "Fuck it! I've done everything musically I can possibly hope to have achieved. I'll just do whatever at this point."

This reminded me about those two Warp Label Focus tracks, which I really like! Rayc Fire 2, not so much, but it sounds almost like a gimmick track that only really fits in the context of several other tracks. A lot like The Modern Bass Guitar, which is interesting b/c I got a lot of a Hello Everything vibe from the other two tracks. I'd say that makes it a strange choice for the download, but apparently it fits with his past practice.

Archived