‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw this one as a return to form and played it a lot when it came out. I specifically dig the last two tracks (digital order) ... or first 2 (LP order)... I honestly think that there is a lot of thi

I absolutely love this album. Baltang Ort is my favourite on here. In fact it's one of my favourite tracks of his. Stunning ? 

Love hello everythings cover, gotta work 10 faders on that mixer! Damogen cover on the other hand is a bit tryhard, looks like the designer just discovered photoshop

Posted Images

I was getting the impression that Rayc Fire 2 wasn't very good, based on you guys' opinions.... I listened to it today and I think it's pretty great. It's not quite what I expected or wanted, but I'm fine with it. I hope the album is good.

I'm not so sure. He said he made that and the Running Man track specifically for the radio one show... we will see though!

edit: also I can't really see that untitled track being made in one take with no edits...?

Wait... What!? This is real!? For a moment there, I was convinced this was dank created by some jackass.

If this is real, you have my permission to kill the squarepusher subforum. :pusher:

I'm not so sure. He said he made that and the Running Man track specifically for the radio one show... we will see though!

edit: also I can't really see that untitled track being made in one take with no edits...?

Wait... What!? This is real!? For a moment there, I was convinced this was dank created by some jackass.

If this is real, you have my permission to kill the squarepusher subforum. :pusher:

Yeah he made these tracks for the bbc focus on Warp show some weeks back...

ONWARD!!!

Team-Work.jpg

into something...

I have mixed feelings about the first track but I gotta say I enjoy his quote on the album, hope it sounds at least half as good as how he described it.

Running Man, untitled and Rayc Fire 2 have all grown on me bigtime!

Predictions for the new live show:

- Rayc Fire 2 gets some sick beats over it....a-la his regular break beat/amen skills

- Tom had a tendency to get better at the improv side as the Ufabulum tour progressed, so same with this tour I reckon

- If these tracks were all one takes, the n the live show COULD be Autechre style : i.e. On-the-fly track creations all the way with bare nods to the album tracks. This would be fucking great!

- he ditches the face-iPad - hopefully

Yeah he made these tracks for the bbc focus on Warp show some weeks back...

ups what i have I done ?

it's about time someone brought vampires back. thx tom.

Upcoming Vice article : "New Squarepusher album is in fact the next Twilight OST - why Jenkinson has been living in a coffin for the past 13 months".

I've never been into Squarepusher at all really; his most recent stuff seemed very half-assed, and his earlier works, though well-done, never grabbed me.

false:

yeah listened to ufab for the first time in a while yesterday. forgot how good some of those tracks are (energy wizard!). would be great if this is at least as good as ufab

:( not a good initial impression. Aggressive yes.. but I don't know.. not my style of Squarepusher. Something is just missing in his music these days (unless the 7 other tracks are more interesting.) The first 3 tracks of go plastic are the pinnacle of Squarepusher for me. Nothing seemed to touch the energy of those tracks since.

That old analog sound is what is missing.

Official press release :

"He has spent the last decade creating and refining his own unique software system, and this album is the first to be made using that system exclusively"

:cisfor:

Wait does that also mean no bass action :cerious: ?