IGNORED

Clark - Flame Rave EP

Dpek

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably my least favourite Clark release of all time.

*single tear*

wow why? :sad:

I thought To Live And Die In Grantham was kinda badly executed but the rest is bliss! Silver Sun and Springtime Linn man!

This combined with "Clark" LP is excellent. He's getting better and better, imo. Hoping for more work like this.

These definitely pair together well. I feel like these last two bodies of work have been his best in terms of varying different 'Clark' styles and how well each piece flows together and the song's themselves.

*single tear*

I thought To Live And Die In Grantham was kinda badly executed but the rest is bliss! Silver Sun and Springtime Linn man!

I don't know, something about the songs just feel so empty to me. Even the most recent LP; though it flows nice as an album (I like listening to the whole thing in one sitting) none of the tracks other than Banjo are really memorable to me on their own.

*single tear*

I don't know, something about the songs just feel so empty to me. Even the most recent LP; though it flows nice as an album (I like listening to the whole thing in one sitting) none of the tracks other than Banjo are really memorable to me on their own.

there's a distance in you is the best clark track in ages

It's alright... I mean, we're all looking for different things I guess. I actually strongly prefer Iradelphic to Clark LP and that was almost universally hated I think!

(PS how did the presentation go? Did you propose my special chair? lel)

I liked the st, there's a distance in you definitely is up there. I don't know what it is about this release, I'm unable to emotionally connect to it, it's just there, playing back tracks at me.

100% subjective post.

it does feel pretty hollow. not as much so as that super scope two track thing. nothing on here is better than anything on the self titled. he made the right chices for sure. it's def a cool peek into some of the tracks potential other directions but that's really it to me.

I take back what I said. this ep is fire.

What turned it around for you?

Listened to it again with the gf and brother last night, it was unanimous for us, not as good as his past work!

The Grantham track is top notch though.

It's alright... I mean, we're all looking for different things I guess. I actually strongly prefer Iradelphic to Clark LP and that was almost universally hated I think!

I also did really enjoy iradelphic so i think i get your point. Feel the LP and EP have very solid composition/production but it loses on sort of eerie and diverse atmosphere of past releases [which peaked on body riddle imo]

• 6 months later...

Archived