IGNORED

WAP381 - MARCHROMT30A EDIT 2B 96

Twelvetrees

Anyone else notice some funky high end frequency(s) in the far right and left occasionally in the title track?

Sounds like just noise or something that couldn't really be cut out of an effect or machine and is subdued with eq and hidden with louder sounds in the frequency, or at least that's what I hear. I also noticed a bunch of stuff like that all over syro, not in any bad way, but just that his gear is quite noisy running through all those effects and being recorded so dry and naturally, I really like it.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much does the value of a mint record drops when the corner is creased? Fuck the postal services.

Where did you buy it from?

The last few that were f'ed up I emailed bleep and said hey wth I didn't pay for a broken one and strangely enough, instead of them saying to f myself they sent me a new one.

And not just the sleeve. They sent me a whole new vinyl and sleeve.

This happened with Plaid's "Reachy Prints" and BoC's "Tomorrow's Harvest" lol.

I think technically the damage is my problem but Bleep kept replacing them =S

Juno because of the evet1 sample. I'll try that, but I'm a new costumer so they'll probably not give a fuck.

How much does the value of a mint record drops when the corner is creased? Fuck the postal services.

The last few that were f'ed up I emailed bleep and said hey wth I didn't pay for a broken one and strangely enough, instead of them saying to f myself they sent me a new one.

Many people badmouth bleep (me included) when frustrated and wanting their purchases but they are always extremely good about replacing damage and have sent me entire LPs too when I just wanted a spare sleeve because mine was torn all apart in the mail - guess they obviously don't really have spare sleeves just lying around otherwise they'll end up with a spare bare LP as well. But hey it kills potential resale value of your LPs in the event that your house burns down and you need $$$

It's the Machromt30A speed spectrum: A side at 33rpm, slow version, A side 45rpm, regular version, B side 33, fast version side B 45, very fast.

Listen to fast version at 45 and tell me it doesn't sound like drukqs.

On a whim, in audacity I slowed Marchrom fast down from 45 to 33 1/3. I think it's my favorite version- there's all this light acid in the tune that you can barely notice sped up. Different drum work too. Funky.

On a whim, in audacity I slowed Marchrom fast down from 45 to 33 1/3. I think it's my favorite version- there's all this light acid in the tune that you can barely notice sped up. Different drum work too. Funky.

I almost wonder if that's what he intended. It sounds so much better at 33 1/3, like he remixed his own track.

I received mine earlier [From Bleep] this week but due to feeling sick I just got around to listening today. Maybe its just my copy but I'm hearing lots of static/fuzz. I've wiped it down and even put on another record to rule out the fact my needle might be going. anybody else having similar issues or was I just the lucky individual to receive a crap pressing?

I almost wonder if that's what he intended. It sounds so much better at 33 1/3, like he remixed his own track.

I too quite like that version. It's faster than the original version yet pitched down. (Well I cheat a little bit and slow down the fast version by about 16% in Audacity, I like that middle ground).

Guest bitroast

the b-side is already at 33 didn't read the in audacity part woops !!

Just got mine from Bleep. Fucking record is scratched to shit. Side A is scratched to fuck at the beginning and skips occasionally later on. Side B track 1 is unlistennable. Side B track 2 plays through without a hitch.

What the fuck Bleep :nope::rtfm:

Juno because of the evet1 sample. I'll try that, but I'm a new costumer so they'll probably not give a fuck.

Hi,

Apologies for the problems with this.

We have sent a free of charge replacement.

You do not need to return the other copy.

Cheers,

Customer Service

Juno Records

http://www.juno.co.uk

it seems in the latter part of the MARCHROMT38 fast, there is a small addition to the lyrics

I'm hearing "you cannot escape .... the gravity".

I am definitely hearing this lyric still

All the other lyrics are really hard to work out, but in the fast version (if you slow it down), you can hear the above quite clearly in the second half of the track (it's the last lyric before it repeats)

Nice one! Gravity would go along with the thick push and pull feel of the epic main synth. I think I can hear "cop that..shit they just wouldn't say ...wouldn't play anyway?" "you're the perfect guy you should teach me" "starshine moonbeam?" probably way off lol.

Are the beats on XMAS_EVET1 N computer controlled acoustic drums? I really like the way the kick drum has like a delayed room echo after it that gives it a bit of swing, like old break samples.

I'm not sure about the first beat (probably not) but yes, the second break that starts around half way through is a computer-controlled kit.

It's the same one he uploaded with the Syrobonkers interview last year, except it was being played through a PA in that recording...

http://youtu.be/5RwgCyfaGSM

brought 12” vinyl ep via jb hi-fi in straya: shit sounds fresh, stamped lable info is clean, production & trax r tight ! dem xsmasevet chimes = premium amsr initiator (:

I did not realize how many things are going on in the track until I heard it on vinyl over a real system. Melty stuff coming out them speakers.

He just keeps getting better and better, glad to have new music to listen to.

Richard D. James 1996 : "Many of my tracks are better if you play them at 33 rpm. I have never denied that. That’s also why my pieces are so short: you can only press them onto maxi singles if they are short at 45 rpm. If they go for too long, then they don’t fit onto the vinyl—and then you can’t play them slower. That’s also the real reason why my album ended up so short. Buy it on vinyl. Instead of 33 minutes, you actually get 45, you understand? And there you have it, an album of standard length"

Archived