IGNORED

WAP381 - MARCHROMT30A EDIT 2B 96

Twelvetrees

Richard D. James 1996 : "Many of my tracks are better if you play them at 33 rpm. I have never denied that. That’s also why my pieces are so short: you can only press them onto maxi singles if they are short at 45 rpm. If they go for too long, then they don’t fit onto the vinyl—and then you can’t play them slower. That’s also the real reason why my album ended up so short. Buy it on vinyl. Instead of 33 minutes, you actually get 45, you understand? And there you have it, an album of standard length"

Oh man

I wonder which ones he means

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the beats on XMAS_EVET1 N computer controlled acoustic drums? I really like the way the kick drum has like a delayed room echo after it that gives it a bit of swing, like old break samples.

yeah i was thinking the same thing

I've been away a bit but came back to say this - I think all the beats on this xmas version are CCAI

• 3 weeks later...
Guest beatgunk1

i was never a diehard fan of this EP in its original form but dayum, 45rpm of "marchromt38 fast" and 33rpm of the side A is something i can jam . especially the 33rpm of the side A, it's got this slow and lush feeling, kinda like a detuned synthpop song. thanks WATMM for making me do this!

xmas evet 1 n still does nothing for me, in any form.

• 2 weeks later...

Richard D. James 1996 : "Many of my tracks are better if you play them at 33 rpm. I have never denied that. That’s also why my pieces are so short: you can only press them onto maxi singles if they are short at 45 rpm. If they go for too long, then they don’t fit onto the vinyl—and then you can’t play them slower. That’s also the real reason why my album ended up so short. Buy it on vinyl. Instead of 33 minutes, you actually get 45, you understand? And there you have it, an album of standard length"

This is so crazy, we've been listening to RDJ album sped up all this time @_@

This is so crazy, we've been listening to RDJ album sped up all this time @_@

He's not saying 45rpm is the wrong speed... he's saying you can also listen to it at 33rpm

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

how did you find the link?

did you just go to the address bar and type random letters and hit enter and found this mystery clip??

why are you asking us what it is without any context :p ?

anyhow, it just sounds like the track being fed through stereo difference process or something.

• 4 weeks later...

finally got this track, it's so good!! man we are are so SPOILED

i prefer the syro xmas track and don't like the sped up marchromt30a track tough, a bit meh to put em on there :emotawesomepm9:

Guest bitroast

finally got this track, it's so good!! man we are are so SPOILED

i prefer the syro xmas track and don't like the sped up marchromt30a track tough, a bit meh to put em on there :emotawesomepm9:

yeah. marchromt is clearly the main attraction here.. (and especially having that shit on wax) :):)

Marchromt

giphy.gif

The last half conjures up light-beings from a different dimension if played loud enough. Pure astral projecting fractalized tones - I really hope if he is working on newer stuff, it's along these lines. Syro and this track have really set the bar for craftsmanship, composition and production when it comes to modern music IMO. They are so well done and purely Aphex, he's in a league of his own.

Yeah, thats how I always listened to it, but an alternate way never occurred to me, I need to get the vinyl now...

there is a copy of RDJ album floating around that includes the girl/boy ep that is pressed at 33 1/3rd rpm and not 45rpm i believe, make sure you grab the right one

Guest bitroast

Yeah, thats how I always listened to it, but an alternate way never occurred to me, I need to get the vinyl now...

there is a copy of RDJ album floating around that includes the girl/boy ep that is pressed at 33 1/3rd rpm and not 45rpm i believe, make sure you grab the right one

my copy of RDJ album is just the ten tracks, no girlboy ep, and is 33.

RDJ album is also pressed at 45 ??

• 3 weeks later...

Archived