IGNORED

Mike P mix

Guest vibertisgod

Guest vibertisgod

Can anyone remember an old mix Mike did (I think under his own name) which had a really dark section with a sample from a news report about a raver dying from a drug overdose? The word overdose gets repeated and slowed down.. o-v-e-r-d-o-s-e then the break drops.

I'd love to hear this mix again if anyone can identify it for me!

Guest vibertisgod

Cool thanks. Haven't been able to find it on there but possibly haven't been looking hard enough.

I know the name of the track I'm describing now, it's 'Mr Kirks Nightmare'. Not sure what version though. The mix was heavy on Jungle of that helps trigger anyone's memory..

Hmmm he did two really great jungle mixes around the same time. One is up there , the "watermelon thievery mix", the other one he did around that time isn't up there, and I think I've lost it in one of my hard drive crashes. Can certainly have a look tonight though!

i have uziq @ alive01 from years ago. starts all jungly then goes noisier and gabbaier then ends with some mangled eminem track.

Ooh I think that's the one. Great set.

Guest vibertisgod

LUDD I'm almost certain that's the one. It'll be part 2 that I'm describing.

Anyone got a link pls?

Guest vibertisgod

Yessssss

It is this mix I was looking for, found a link on Mixcloud for both parts. I have to admit I've never had a great deal of interest In Mike P but have always loved this mix, so unbelievably tight.

I once shared a few of joints with Aphex Twin at the back of the main tent at Glade festival 2005 while watching a U-Ziq live set. Richard said they used to be friends. I wonder if they're back in contact now?

Anyways, the bit I was describing hits in at 18:48 into part 1. So dark but never fails to put a grin on my face: https://www.mixcloud.com/Spugge/u-ziq-alive-festival-zelt-part-i/

part 2: https://www.mixcloud.com/Spugge/u-ziq-alive-festival-zelt-part-ii/

Thanks for your help all :emotawesomepm9:

Archived