IGNORED

AFX/Ghost in the Shell music video

Parsifal

I uploaded a video to Youtube, and I thought I would share it with you guys because what would be the point of making something public if nobody knows about it? I'll just copy my video description:

Fourteen years ago I made this music video. Hard drive space was scarce back then so I only saved a very low quality version of it, but since I still think it's pretty good, and with the Blueray release of Ghost in the Shell out, I thought it was time to do a frame-by-frame HD remake of it. Enjoy!

[youtubehd]gyE743odOPY[/youtubehd]

and I thought I would share it with you guys because what would be the point of making something public if nobody knows about it?

haha! too true.

this was a good watch. makes me want to rewatch the whole ghost in the shell saga again. also this tune you picked out gave me a jolt of creativity again, so thanks for that :smile:

Great vid! There are portions where the video syncs nicely wiith the music, like the pulsating lights in the freeway tunnel or when the Puppet Master flashes on screen.

Damn, nobody makes hand drawn animation like this anymore it seems: so detailed and gorgeous.

Great stuff. I've never seen Ghost In The Shell before but it goes really well with the track.

One minor thing - you might wanna add AFX - .215061 in the description as it's not apparent that's what the song is.

Lervler Video! I kind of wish more stuff like this was made now-a-days.... There's also another GITS video with afx237. Just youtube it since I don't want to hijack your thread :)

Guest kymppinetti

Never been big on anime but I kinda wanna see this movie now. Nice work.

There is actually two films, and few series too. I highly recommended those.

Fuuuuuuuu. Sounds like a whole ordeal now, the movie was made first though, right? Anyways, thanks for the heads up.

Fuuuuuuuu. Sounds like a whole ordeal now, the movie was made first though, right? Anyways, thanks for the heads up.

yes you can watch only first movie, it's more than enough ).

you wont understand Innocence, anyway (it relies on quotes etc too heavily, you need to read a lot to follow)

Just watch the first movie and don't worry about it. The second is a sequel but it's too much talking about philosophy and quite hard to follow... The series are "re-imaginings" so it's mostly the same characters but it doesn't have anything to do with the movies so you can just watch the movie and don't worry about it :)

Also make sure you watch the original version of the movie! There is a "2.0" version of it where much of the beautiful animations have been replaced by mediocre-looking computer graphics. I can't understand why they did that, it looks worse and the switching between hand drawn and computer animated is just annoying.

Archived