IGNORED

Hudson Mohawke - Lantern

jhonny

Guest WNS000

It would be nice if he had an experimental side-project where he would realize his more adventurous approaches.*

*Btw, is this conditional sentence correct in English? I have problems with conditionals, thanks.

I think it'd be "could" instead of "would."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, mate.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF is with the production on this thing. It sounds absolutely fucking terrible. Brick-walled beyond belief.

Isn't Hudson supposed to be like some super-producer or something? The quality is utter shit.

A handful of mildly interesting tracks but some truly awful music here too - complete Radio 1 fodder.

Very disappointing album, the worst thing is that when you listen to it you can hear that it could easily be so much better, brief moments of awesomeness and great ideas hidden in a wall of mediocrity. The guy is incredibly talented, but it's mostly wasted.

same ^^^

Gave this a few more listens but frankly, it's embarrassing. Not only is the music mostly bland, mediocre and cheesy, the sound quality just makes it even more unappealing. It sounds like it's being played through a transistor radio - harsh and brittle.

Is this what passes for greatness nowadays? Reading around the Internet, critics think this thing is amazing.

I reckon it's the worst pile of shite I've heard in years. I think I'll pass on Hudson next time.

This album does not seem like a stretch from Satin Panthers and Chimes at all, so I don't get the hate. I was not into Chimes at all, but I have been enjoying this album. Much more creative than Rutie's Green Language IMO.

The highs can get a bit harsh, but otherwise I like the lofi hifi contrast.

I will definitely be skipping the vocal tracks 90% of the time, but overall, new hudmo material! that's a win for me.

edit: and I think it's a good thing he's not putting out more glitchy/trippy stuff, it's been so long since Ooops! and Hudson's Heeters, it's nice to hear another side

• 5 years later...

Butter was great. It doesn't matter how many times I revisit this one, it'll still be shit. I hope hudmo's next album is less focused on mainstream trap bullshit.

His latest single indicates that your hopes will be crushed.

57 minutes ago, Gocab said:

His latest single indicates that your hopes will be crushed.

The one with tiga? I actually liked that one. Haven't heard anty other recent thing of his

4 hours ago, DavieAddison said:

So does this guy have any releases worth listening to? I only know of him from that episode of Twin Peaks and this single is pretty shit

Heralds of Change

15 hours ago, DavieAddison said:

So does this guy have any releases worth listening to? I only know of him from that episode of Twin Peaks and this single is pretty shit

Well I personally really enjoy his first proper album, butter. It might sound a bit commercial but it's still experimental and really fun to listen to.

22 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Also enjoy this new track of his. It doesn't sound like his usual trap shit.

This is loads better than the bland "Black Cherry" track above.  Thanks, Tiga.

Sorry goes out to HM. I realise the harshness from fans once you produce something new/fresh then you have to keep bettering yourself through our (the fans) eyes. Difficult situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived