IGNORED

Holly Herndon - Platform

andihow

I listened to this album because someone linked me to this thread (something to do with murphy and delete acting like weirdos again) and i have to say i loved it, it remind me so much of kraftwerk's electric cafe (but a modern version if that makes sense), really cool stuff.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol deer, i haven't even listened to the music (typical, that dleetr guy, gawd). I just like the hype so thought i'd join in on the cattycoughony. I'll take some users word on it that it's crap though, cause the shenanigans illustrated smacked of fake arse nothing music which i don't want to invade my brain with, hence i'm ain't listening to it.

My comment about people thinking with their dick between their headphones being the cause of many a musical monstrosity increasing in popularity unnecessarily still stands though my deer. As does the 'don't call thingoe an idiot', i know he's ended up a bit darker than when he first showed up, a little more persistent in his anti, but it takes all types yanoe.

Also, i feel blessed that people are linking to my mucking, good on you all, i love you my fans of my wonderful writings, kissy

2A0E5E264-C8F9-A382-0F80470F551BF10D.jpg

Guest bitroast

I think maybe it is the corn-belt americana minimalism that they sometimes share that I'm grabbing onto with the comparison

i actually a gree. was just having a little jabby stab at this thread more than anything. they both have that 'art rock' academic style approach to electronic music.

I think maybe it is the corn-belt americana minimalism that they sometimes share that I'm grabbing onto with the comparison

i actually a gree. was just having a little jabby stab at this thread more than anything. they both have that 'art rock' academic style approach to electronic music.

But is that style a bad thing or just a different approach ?? I always try to remove the person from the music, maybe if you dont think about her being in university you might hear something different from what you are hearing now

AKA labels suck

Guest bitroast

But is that style a bad thing or just a different approach ?? I always try to remove the person from the music, maybe if you dont think about her being in university you might hear something different from what you are hearing now

AKA labels suck

ahh. i'm referring to the music. i dunno what it is specifically especially when trying to describe it using >>words<< but when listening to platform i was definitely also reminded of some of laurie anderson's stuff. and her stuff has been labelled as 'art rock', because of her involvement in performance art and incorporate those ideas and philosphies to her music, which gave her music a weird sort of non-musical edge that stood out. holly herndon's music does that same thing for me (and of course, it doesn't help that it's hard to read about holly herndon without getting her philosophy on the music attached to it as well, how she's embracing technology and social media and the laptop as an instrument, etc. etc.

i can't help but wanna describe it as 'art-rock'.. even though it's probably a terrible description. also, i'm not trying to say it's a bad thing or anything..

i dunno. labels suck.

Fair enough, maybe my comment was not directed at you, just the people who dismiss music they havent heard because some random stranger on the internet called it "art non music" and that has negative connotations enough to dismiss music without hearing it

Aka labels are powerful spefially powerful for closed minded people who need an excuse to not get out of their confort zone

Aka labels are powerful spefially powerful for closed minded people who need an excuse to not get out of their confort zone

I think you're making very generalising and sweeping statements of the good people of this community.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confort

it's like that, and that's the way it is. Without generalizations how would any fading watmm discussion carry forward, someone then runs in to the breach to defend against the new rejiggered positions.

No offence deer, i'm just making sweeping and generalised statements.

Also lol @ blank not getting it. [-; bless.

Also confort looks amazing, france does riverside villages and towns very well, they never fail to impress this guy sitting in the architectural and geological wasteland that is australia.

hotel-conforttarascon-sur-ariege006.jpg

hotel-confort.jpg

8704645_2_z.jpg

13709562.jpg

34709346.jpg

lol @ blank not getting it. [-; bless.

gee, totally not patronising at all

anywayyyyy

Been listening to Interference recently - I seriously think it's one of the best openers I've heard so far in terms of this year's releases! It really fits in with the atmosphere of the evening over here. It's very night-timey

Are you really young ? If so i forgive you. You gotta look at the grand scheme of things and see that it doesn't matter, you like that and i don't, or probably likely don't (this is a comedic line based in prior preceedings (another joke this time misspelling the word make the syntax incorrect, like saying in the past past (this is all probably only fascinating to me granted))). Anyway, my words are not straight they are curved, kind of like space time isn't. So don't let it get to you because i'm not being aggressive, this is nearly impossible for me, i am the ultimately passive, in life and in ternets. My joy here is to be found in the act of communication itself, mostly. As evidenced by this post and the many many many that have proceeded it. (;-])

momentum ?

you're right though taubs, sorry. /backs away from thread before he gets sprayed by horny music listeners.

edit, sorry ... at my parting spray, was ironic eh. sorry.

lol, tbh delet, not listening to an album because you think we like it because it was made by a girl is as bad as not listening to it because it was made by a girl, maybe worse

anyway I like this album.. even though when I played it at my girlfriend's house she found the ASMR track so distracting/irritating that she demanded that I turn it off.. fair enough, it is a pretty annoying track imo

I N A W O R L D F U L L O F

n e c k b e a r d s (the spacing between the letters slowly becomes wider)

S O M E O N E H A S T O B R A V E T H E

(lens flare)

s h i t w r e c k

*boom*

(shitty orchestral music and jump cuts)

T H I S Y E A R

T H I S T H R E A D I S . . .

t h e

c e s s p o o l

p.s. this album is the deecest

I really love a couple of tracks on Platform (Chorus + An Exit) but the rest are just too abstract for me. Call me simple, but I need distinct rhythms/melodies that can be made out in the mix. More melodic hooks and less scattering of sounds for me please.

Chorus just sounds so immense and epic - very tasty, especially the 'chorus' section (if you can call it that?). So catchy. And yes I agree with what others have said that her handle on sound design and making something sound clean/crisp is remarkable and is up there with the likes of Ae.

Archived