Oneohtrix Point Never - Comissions II

Rubin Farr

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boomkat now has it for the reasonable price of 9.99GBP

Is it exactly the same as the rsd release? My rsd copy was £14.99

Chuck in the travel costs etc etc, and it probably cost a whole lot more

I guess Beerwolf was saying that when you add postage fees to the 9,99£ on Boomkat it'll cost more than when you bought the record in a local store ?
At least I hope so, otherwise I'd be gutted !

Only pre-listened to this once so far but as I remember I quite liked it. When were these tracks produced? Sounded like he's gradually moving on from the R Plus Seven sound but I'm not sure of the chronology.

(EDIT: I re-read the first page, October/November 2014 apparently.)

Have a copy on the way now, just like last year's they're starting to show up for more or less reasonable prices on Discogs.

Guest bitroast

really enjoying this ep. nice, concise solid listen start to finish. comissions 1 has music for steamed rocks which is such a lovely track but this ep just feels a lot more unified and makes sense in it's own little context. good stuff :)

Has anyone tried syncing "Suite for Magnetic Rose" with the film? If so, at what point should it start?

Has anyone tried syncing "Suite for Magnetic Rose" with the film? If so, at what point should it start?

Would be difficult to do since the film is ~25 minutes longer than the song. Only footage I've seen of his tunes paired up with the film is from Dan's instagram:

https://instagram.com/p/slcySFjhyU/

https://instagram.com/p/s-hXD2jh8q/

One seems to be a glitched out version of the film (with no OPN score I believe), and the other includes a choral snippet that (I don't think) made it to Commissions II. I already own a copy of Memories, but I would buy it again in a heartbeat if they re-released it with his score.

• 1 month later...

I bought the ep during rsd, but as i said earlier, i'd rather have a sharp & clean "WAV" sound for those digital tracks. Strangely i cannot find any wav/flac of the EP from the usual sellers (bleep/boomkat/juno/beatport/quobuz). Was comission II released at some point in digital ? Or is it strictly vinyl ?

I bought the ep during rsd, but as i said earlier, i'd rather have a sharp & clean "WAV" sound for those digital tracks. Strangely i cannot find any wav/flac of the EP from the usual sellers (bleep/boomkat/juno/beatport/quobuz). Was comission II released at some point in digital ? Or is it strictly vinyl ?

nah bleep put up downloads in mp3 and lossless about a week after rsd, strange that they're not being sold anymore

Oh shit, where's it gone? Was planning on buying the digitals at some point. What's going on, Commissions 1 digitals has vanished too. Maybe it will come back once the vinyl goes out of stock

Oh shit, where's it gone? Was planning on buying the digitals at some point. What's going on, Commissions 1 digitals has vanished too. Maybe it will come back once the vinyl goes out of stock

Disappeared from Spotify as well, unsurprisingly

• 3 years later...

Apologies for the necro but I finally bought Commissions II this week and played the LP though my lappy. The needle tracking must've freaked out as I ended up with the following Fennesz-esque noise that went on forever. Didn't realise it *wasn't* meant to sound like this for 10 minutes:

http://ilovecubus.co.uk/pete/broken_suite_from_magnetic_rose.mp3

Archived