IGNORED

Stand up comedy albums

scumtron

Finally, someone into comedy albums! How much time ya got? Start with the 70s, golden age of stand up on vinyl. Usual suspects:

Richard Pryor

George Carlin

Lenny Bruce

Red Buttons

Cheech & Chong

Eddie Murphy

Steven Wright

David Cross

Patton Oswalt

Doug Benson

maybe check out the sub genres of stand up, there's a bunch...

I've heard Arizona Bay and Flying Saucer Tour, and all the three listed on wikipedia from David Cross, but nothing else. I've been recommended Pryor before, but is he still relevant? I mean, if the's telling jokes about american politics or news ( or whatever) from the 70s I will probably miss the point.

What about Louis CK? Other recent stuff?

yes, try to find Arizona Bay by Bill Hicks if you can.

also Strategic Grill Locations which can be heard here

both of these for sure^

but, really...this...

sftm.jpg

classics have been covered,,,,,,,

recent picks ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Dave Attell for lyfe YO

Doug Stanhope's "Before Turning the Gun On Himself" (not an album, but funny,,,,)

Patrice O'Neal's "Elephant in the Room" (lorralols)

there's an all time lol til you piss your panties Bill Burr anecdote about a misbehaving pet dog, but internet is shiiiiite here.......... ang on wait great success

the dave attell one posted above and this were my favorites (and literally the only standup comedy cds i probably owned)

homepage_large.33741f2e.jpg

if we're just talking standup specials, these aren't even in my top 5. but in terms of just 'standup comedy albums' they're worth checking out

I find myself listening to a lot more prank call stuff these days like Longmont potion castle, if i watch standup i usually like watching video not just listening to audio.

paul f tompkins - impersonal

Couldn't agree more. I've listened to this more than any other comedy album I think.

Stewart Lee seems to get some hate, but I think he's pretty brilliant. My favorite:

I saw Dave Attell during his Skanks for the Memories tour and I have never laughed that hard in my life. It wound up being unpleasant because I developed a splitting headache from low oxygen and strain.

yea. I've seen him about 5 or 6 times and it's always like that. and I can never remember one damn thing after. it's like 6 months of ab workouts in 1 hour.

Archived