IGNORED

colleagues at colundi "one and all" SPAM email

J3FF3R00

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont want to be mean to rephlex because they gave me and keep giving me so much joy throughout my life but i got to say this isnt one of their best ideas/moments.

Think this account and my purchase of the first Colundi was through my secondary email account and the Caustic Window kickstarter was the only thing that ties my primary email account to anything here. So aye the naughty scamps appear to have taken our contact details from there. Naughty naughty...

Jesus christ you lot - one lousy e-mail. I got it too, it must have been from the rephlex mailing list, as the e-mail that I used to sign up with that was from a loooooong time ago and I don't use it for anything not professionally related anymore.

Anways, if the idea bothers you that much, just ignore it - it would be different if it was like a certain other label spamming future brown non-stop, but it's one e-mail.

Jesus christ you lot - one lousy e-mail. I got it too, it must have been from the rephlex mailing list, as the e-mail that I used to sign up with that was from a loooooong time ago and I don't use it for anything not professionally related anymore.

Anways, if the idea bothers you that much, just ignore it - it would be different if it was like a certain other label spamming future brown non-stop, but it's one e-mail.

Here here, I'm surprised to see all this negativity and doubt.

Why would a bit of purchased space be so bad?

Maybe it could house the entire rephlex back catalogue on an SSD embedded into a tree and people could make a pilgrimage to it? (Have to be FLACs tho...)

I agree, I find Aleksi's new age waffling, and this idea, slightly ridiculous, but each to his own, and it doesn't bother me at all. I might even contribute anyway, the colundi music has been great after all.

Guest vibertisgod

Yep, what ^he said^

Plus, it's got to be a good thing to expose more people to this legendary series of releases.

Having said that, my wife did see the email and came into the room asking in all seriousness if I was joining a cult..

certainly thought it was weird but not infuriating. says at the bottom something like "this is the last time you'll hear from me" so whatever.

this colundi business sounds pretty bonkers tho

In any case, whoever sent those emails out definitely messed up. The only appropriate use of that list would be emailing fans about more Aphex Twin, not marketing some try-hard new-age nonsense about mystic frequencies. I don't appreciate my email address being given out so freely for online marketing purposes.

Disappointed to see this project on the front page of WATMM, too. This colundi magic crystal shit is being shoved down my throat way too hard right now :nope:

Edit: And our very own Joyrex created the Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/watmmofficial/the-colundi-sequence-level-9-colundi-everyone?ref=card

What's up with that?

edit2: stop trying to make colundi happen

for myself i dont really care about the sanctity of my email address being violated or whatever, i just think the concept behind this kickstarter is totally wack, imo. the idea of buying land for some pseudo cultish purpose of broadcasting some.. special frequencies.. or whatever..

it seems like some energy crystals or healing sonic rainbows type shit, of which i can look at plenty of vids about on youtube all day for free if i ever wanna go full retard

Guest Papillon

what a bunch of goddamn babies

aleksi pls

:docks:

*puts a donk on it*

I would probably contribute $$$ to this if I were still using bath salts. I'm trying to clean up my image so I don't do that anymore.

Man, WATMM will get all riled up about anything! Come on, it's ONE email. I know I'm not the only who gets dozens a day about stupid shit I don't care about. At least you know this is from Rephlex/WATMM/Colundi/Braindance Central. You remember?? That generally rather obscure, specified community that we have all voluntarily elected to be a part of??

I mean, say what you will about the Kickstarter, but at least it's something new. Music is about exploring new territory, especially this kind of music! And just because you can't immediately wrap your head around doesn't mean it's worthless spam. It's a collective of artists reaching out to their (once again, rather obscure and specified) fanbase in a novel way. And to that, I say props Aleksi! Colundi for everyOne!

Yeah, I got the email too, but I didn't understand it, and so I filed it away. No big deal to me. I get tons of silly emails every single day, so this one didn't bother me that much. If it increases, that might be a problem. But we're not there yet, so no big deal.

I just think this is a really bad idea and do not wish to be associated with it because I listened to records Rephlex put out

Archived