IGNORED

Entering page numbers manually (Word 2013)

Berk

So I want to put Roman numerals on the index of my thesis and I want the rest to be normal digits.

I tried this shit https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-different-page-numbers-or-number-formats-to-different-sections-bb4da2bd-1597-4b0c-9e91-620615ed8c05?CorrelationId=af655448-b288-4eb6-a4e1-8ec3bdd4406d&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

but it's not helping me at all.

So I guess I will enter the digits manually, but it seems the fucking program won't even allow me to do that, everything is linked

Help?

You've discovered the glitch in the matrix of MS Office. Don't explore further or you'll tear a hole in the fabric of spacetime.

I've had issues with something similar. I lost friends, family & almost lost myself...

or try this

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-and-format-page-numbers-eac01196-cce7-4103-ab36-68b2ee6d3f45?CorrelationId=462240bf-cf91-4efb-a2fd-ac58cfdbf975&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

or this

You need to use Section Breaks (under the Page Layout tab - use only "Next Page" breaks!), then un-"Link to Previous" the footers* of the body and index sections of your document. You can then right-click where your page number code is, select "Format Page Numbers...", and take it from there.

HTH / Good luck!

*edit - I assumed your page numbers are in the footer but headers work the same way

hurray! it finally worked :beer: as usual with these sorts of things I don't know exactly what I did at the end that made it work but ah hell, cheers lads!

Archived