IGNORED

Jamie XX - In Colour

chassis

it's alright sounds like a dj paypal track aiming to sound like Burial esque garage music

feel like it could of used a vocal part or some other lead melody or riff, feels like a few different ideas/sketches albeit put together very well

On 6/8/2015 at 7:53 PM, Candiru said:

Another example of music that is perfectly fine but...

I think a lot of music sites just need to manufacture a "big event" album that supposedly brings people together and has its finger on the pulse. The music itself is never as important as what you can write about it.

It's like a more insightful version of myself beamed this into my brain almost 5 years ago. 

• Like 1

I DO NOT GET the hype Jamie xx always gets but this album had really grown on me. Tracks like Gosh, Sleep Sound and basically all the tracks without guest vocalists are really good.

• 2 years later...

Hahah ‘watered down knob juice’ wtf is that? Well tell the truth I actually never listened to this album. I just decided without bothering to play it that I would hate it (been guilty of that a few times in the past :whistling:) yet there I was in the van yesterday, cruising and listening to the radio when on comes a tune (didn’t catch who it was by) which was culled from a live Glastonbury set (6music is dedicated pretty much to Glastonbury stuff this week) and within 20 seconds my ears are stuck to the speakers and I’m on red alert. Begging for the tune to be as great as it promises it might be. And indeed it gets even better!  That was Gosh by Jamie XX. Ah yes Beerwolf wrong again  :nope:

Listened to the album this morning, and here I am eating humble ? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Hahah ‘watered down knob juice’ wtf is that? Well tell the truth I actually never listened to this album. I just decided without bothering to play it that I would hate it (been guilty of that a few times in the past :whistling:) yet there I was in the van yesterday, cruising and listening to the radio when on comes a tune (didn’t catch who it was by) which was culled from a live Glastonbury set (6music is dedicated pretty much to Glastonbury stuff this week) and within 20 seconds my ears are stuck to the speakers and I’m on red alert. Begging for the tune to be as great as it promises it might be. And indeed it gets even better!  That was Oh My Gosh by Jamie XX. Ah yes Beerwolf wrong again  :nope:

Listened to the album this morning, and here I am eating humble ? 

haha

always a weird moment when you realize somebody you thought sucked is actually pretty good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, watmmisdead said:

haha

always a weird moment when you realize somebody you thought sucked is actually pretty good.

Yeah it’s happened a few times. Grimes was a classic example. Use to hate her with an absolute eye popping passion, with her annoying squeaky cat meow voice (I’m also not very keen on cats ?). Tuned into Glastonbury a few years ago, she came on, couldn’t reach the remote control. By the end of the set I’d ordered Art Angels :braindance: