IGNORED

Squarepusher Bang Face

soundwave

Yeah this was certainly the cherry on the cake for a simply astounding experience both sonically and visually on top of an already quality weekend. I loved the xbox connect mapping sound active projection separately on Tom whilst the background was going wild with an oscilloscope. Also loved the back stage jazz jamming whilst everything was being set up beforehand :cool:

Anyhowz we ended up having to get close to the front which meant the Function1's overpowered the mic in places but it's better than nowt.

:squarepusher_logo:

thankyou Mr Jenkinson snr

Yeah this was certainly the cherry on the cake for a simply astounding experience both sonically and visually on top of an already quality weekend. I loved the xbox connect mapping sound active projection separately on Tom whilst the background was going wild with an oscilloscope. Also loved the back stage jazz jamming whilst everything was being set up beforehand :cool:

Anyhowz we ended up having to get close to the front which meant the Function1's overpowered the mic in places but it's better than nowt.

:squarepusher_logo:

thankyou Mr Jenkinson snr

click on the SP sign btw :derp:

this one reminded me of tom's more "traditional" approach to breakbeats, e.g. rustic raver and north circular, i like it!

still not familiar w/ numbers lucent. thanks for sharing :)

My review from the audio:

I guessed the tracks based on time signatures/order

In between tracks he give us gorgeous droney sounds similar to those used between the tracks on his infamous breezblock set from 2004

1. Kill Robok

- Excellent opener with one of my favourite SP tracks from 13 years ago, and an extended version to boot. This track reminds me of Aphex Twins "Bucephalus Bouncing Ball “with its scattering digital stabs made organic by beautiful rhythmn and structure

2. Stor Eiglass

- cheesy melodies come in on this new track undercut by pounding twisted rhythms using a sound pallet similar to but less high end than the previous album.

3. Baltang Ort

- A tundra-style melody with dubstep style punches and subtle jungle breaks makes this a fast-growing fave of mine from the set.

4. Rayc Fire 2

- we all know this track now, its divided fans i would say but I like it for its rawness and general relentlessness as well as those mega-teasing breaks. Underneath the neon gloss, lies subtlety - a hallmark of the 'pusher. This live version isn't too tampered with it seems, which is a pity.

5. Kontenjaz

harpsichordist stabs mixed with frenetic slow-jam beats reminds me of "Rudi Zyglao" off planet-mu. This is a good thing

6. Exjag Nives

The synth cheese continues here with shobaleader-style washes and drilled beats what sounds like a sample of "AFX 114" by Caustic Window comes into the track for a little while giving it momentum injection

7. Baltang Arg

By the name and sound this is obviously a sister track of track 3. It’s punchy and rave and dubstepy with that jungle twist we love from >[ ] too. A perfect track to get us halfway through the set. The initial melody disappears for a while but comes back in full force like a drunken boss. Another fave!

8. Kwang Bass

Bubbling acid lines with dense percussion driving steadily forward and climaxing with a characteristic squarepusher breakdown just when you've gotten into cruise control. I like it when this happens on an SP track. He's the master of it really...This is quite an "ufabulum" style mixed with "modern bass guitar" leanings.

9. D Frozent Aac

Another ufabulum style track. 303 stabs and slow punchy bass n beats, initially. A rest from the hyper-assault and the calm before the storm. Sweeping melodies come in on the slowing speeding beats to wash away the stabs before the beats take over again.

10. Venus No. 17

A surprise visit from an oldie-hard to believe this is 11 years old!! But check out the drums and the interplay between them and the bass and melodies. Simply fucking awesome! No major tweeking here

11. Arterial Fantasy

I believe he first played this track at his first Bangface back in 2008. Its got a crazy mix of cheesy stabs, jungle and pure rave assault! The percussion is just fucking mental and is rightly given its own place to breath. Again only a few minor tweeks in this live version

12. Modern Bass Guitar

TJ has a few tracks like this. I find them to be sort of “safe” if you know what i mean… they have driving perscussion, warbling acid lines, crazy bass-driven melodies, hyper kinetic drumming etc but I find them less interesting then tracks that leave some of these incredients out. Still, he tweeks this version rather nicely and it’s a fun track. I love it when the drone synths come in the end of the middle section t especially and the acid parts are given their own space.

13. Steinbolt

Nothing to say here. A unique track and totally fucking banging. Trash metal jungle assault!!! Terrifying beauty

14. Tetra-Sync

A very decent ending track to chill you out after what came before but isn’t it a bit too safe? I mean you can’t go wrong with this track so I sometimes wish he’d drop an old classic out of nowhere. Beep Street would totally destroy you for example of you heard it “live”! Remember Port Rhobus at the end of Warp20? Perfection! Still he adds some nice live bass elements so.... hats off!

File Removed for Violation.

The file you requested has been removed from MediaFire for a violation of our Terms of Service.

This file has been taken down by:

File Name: Squarepusher Bang Face 2015.mp3 (209.84 MB)

Company: AudioLock.NET
Email: sarah.may@audiolock.net

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistanc

</3

Archived