IGNORED

Olympus Mons -- The MOST IDM Champion

Root5

This year's MOST IDM champion has been named:

:rhubear2:Olympus Mons :rhubear1:

Olympus Mons is the highest mountain in the solar system. It's located on Mars, and looks like this:

olympus-mons3.jpg

It dwarfs everest. Here's a size comparison:

tumblr_my9s7kyoID1qa0uujo1_1280.png

It's also fantastically IDM. Here's a video of Neil deGrasse Tyson talking excitably about it:

[youtubehd]EewwoaWhT2s[/youtubehd]

The final match against Applying architectural principles to everyone but actual architecture was extremely close. It was neck and neck the whole time. In the end, Olympus Mons won by a single vote!

The full bracketology can be found here.

As is the custom of our people, I've started an EKT thread for a compilation album, tributing Olympus Mons. If you're a music maker, head over there. But for now, let's all bask in the superior IDMness of Olympus Mons, and also congratulate Goiter Sanchez, the one who nominated the topic. (He also nominated last year's winner, Mycorrhizae.)

The final rounds were kind of a showdown between goiter and me (I don't know if he noticed). I nominated moss covered everything and applying architectural concepts to everything but architecture. He nominated hyperparasites and olympus mons. The tension was real.

This is a great topic though. Looking forward to hearing what types of style comes out.

Congrats Olympus Mons!

Also, not to steal Mr. Sanchez's thunder, but I believe I nominated mycorrhizae last year. Love those little fungal internets.

Congrats Olympus Mons!

Also, not to steal Mr. Sanchez's thunder, but I believe I nominated mycorrhizae last year. Love those little fungal internets.

Yeah I was gonna say that I didn't nominate Mychorrizae last year. I did nominate Cordiceps though so that could be where the confusion set in :P

There were a whole lot of one word biological submissions, with an extended explanation. I remember them because it took a lot of work to condense the extended explanation into a little bracketed explanation. I remember shaking my fist at Goiter for that, so that's probably how I lumped in Mycorrhizae in there.

Hah. The annals of history are safe. Congrats on your giant mons, Goiter!

I wanna place my giant mons in the annals of history.

And yet no one voted for my suggestion "Titmice, boobies, and woodcocks"

Eventho I sometimes :catrage: over some of the things that win over others, you've done a good job as always Root5

kissy kissy smooch

I love your avatar mang, intermittent chaos patterns rule (if thats what it is?)

Eventho I sometimes :catrage: over some of the things that win over others, you've done a good job as always Root5

kissy kissy smooch

I love your avatar mang, intermittent chaos patterns rule (if thats what it is?)

My avatar is an ASCII version of my previous avatar, made by Salvatorin in a thread that has now been deleted, sadly. I'm leaving and I'll never return. Goodbye. Don't follow a leader and follow your own path :)

Archived