IGNORED

TIDAL

klore

"Jay Z reportedly hasn't yet paid the licensing fees to the copyright holders of much of Tidal's music, and the company was just hit with a huge $50 million lawsuit in July, when Cash Money claimed Tidal's exclusive premiere of Lil Wayne's new album "Free Weezy" was an illegal copyright infringement. There doesn't seem to be much hope for a boost in subscribers at this point, and rather than continue to bleed millions in his own resources, Jay Z is reportedly looking to cut his losses."

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/73344/20150804/jay-z-reportedly-planning-tidal-exit-strategy.htm

I love it when stupid people with tons of cash loose tons of cash because they are stupid.

I just think it's funny how much hubris the guy has. I mean most rappers do but he really takes it to another level, he's completely clueless about how most people view the wealthy. Didn't someone do a diss track about how all he raps about is how much money he has, and he responded with a rhyme about how much money he has? I will say that I don't think a ghostwriter would make such a dorky grampa move.

No rephlex streaming is the deal breaker. I need bogdan at all timea

Just pm me some of your favourite hardcore idm breakz and I'll sing "tweedlee di da dooo" over them in real tiema

lol

Article claiming Jay-Z is ready to walk away from the whole thing.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/news/jay-z-tidal-hit-wave-trouble-amid-reports-194241472.html

yes, this has been going around for a few days now. tidal's response:

txrKi13.png

https://twitter.com/TIDALHiFi/status/627215411424174080/photo/1

I wonder if it ever occurs to Jay-Z that probably the biggest reason for all the negative publicity is the simple fact that so many people actually dislike him. He swaggers about, rapping about money and fame, totally disconnected from the real world, living in a kind of bubble. It's that disconnect that people don't like. That he only has a modicum of talent only makes it worse.

Sure, there are lots of artists with millions in the bank but only someone with such a child-like perception of wealth and fame would keep rubbing it in people's faces.

I don't know, Jay-Z isn't so different from any of the other celebrities that Americans fawn over. I just think Tidal (like Beats) was a few years too late getting to market.

I don't know, Jay-Z isn't so different from any of the other celebrities that Americans fawn over. I just think Tidal (like Beats) was a few years too late getting to market.

Yeah but the problem for Tidal was Jay-Z himself.

If you were to ask people now about Tidal, most of them would not be able to tell you what benefits it offered.

The only image they would remember would be of Jay-Z lifting a champagne glass.

I think it was the 'Jay-Z factor' that turned people off.

Yeah if they had marketed it as a high quality service that actually helped artists that need it, it might have had a chance to get a nice wedge in the market.

Instead we got very popular artists who clearly don't need any help, standing on a stage, fake signing a contract, and congratulating each other.

A bit of self-awareness could have gone a long way.

I wonder if it ever occurs to Jay-Z that probably the biggest reason for all the negative publicity is the simple fact that so many people actually dislike him. He swaggers about, rapping about money and fame, totally disconnected from the real world, living in a kind of bubble. It's that disconnect that people don't like. That he only has a modicum of talent only makes it worse.

Sure, there are lots of artists with millions in the bank but only someone with such a child-like perception of wealth and fame would keep rubbing it in people's faces.

This. Also, forget Obama, Tiger Woods or whoever, history will show Jay Z and Michael Jordan to be far and away the biggest sellout negroes of my lifetime; each of them, through a combination of narcissism, arrogance, greed and general cluelessness has been complicit in holding back social progress for black americans. This one's for you assholes:

^ I do think that the prevailing attitude of "play ball or rap or do something to get out of the ghetto" had allowed these attitudes to develop and be supported by some impressionable young people in the black community. it's like they shouldn't be faulted for their success, even when they're pricks about it.

^ I do think that the prevailing attitude of "play ball or rap or do something to get out of the ghetto" had allowed these attitudes to develop and be supported by some impressionable young people in the black community. it's like they shouldn't be faulted for their success, even when they're pricks about it.

I've noticed this too but I admit I find this attitude so much more refreshing than people who are all about working hard - not smart, not having much to show for it and then acting like it's their cross to bear.

• 5 months later...

lmfao

tbh it felt like a genuine exciting musical moment so i DL'd the album and gave it a listen. the first Rihanna album ive ever listened to.

it wasnt bad. Same Ol mistakes is my fav. :)

such a fuck up tho lol this was going to be TIDALs biggest exclusive release ever,

Prince just announced his new album will debut as an exclusive on Tidal.

Just bought a FLAC of “The War” by O(+> (actually I think it’s offically “by” the NPG) on Tidal for 3 dollars. It’s a 26 minute track so that’s cool w/ me. Awful website, usability-wise, though

• 2 months later...