IGNORED

TIDAL

klore

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Turdal

Sprint has wasted 33% of their money

Like radioshack and sears, I can't believe sprint is somehow a going concern in 2017

There's a logical fallacy in your conclusion Papa, but I won't hold it against you (unless you want me to :catrecline:)

Turdal

Sprint has wasted 33% of their money

Like radioshack and sears, I can't believe sprint is somehow a going concern in 2017

There's a logical fallacy in your conclusion Papa, but I won't hold it against you (unless you want me to :catrecline:)

Just saying it for snarky effect :dadjoke:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow. This obviously isn't selling. It's now free. The album only dropped three days ago.

No Tidal subscription needed.

Jay-Z’s 4:44 album is now available to download for free from Tidal without a subscription.

According to Complex, by visiting 444.TIDAL.com and entering the voucher code “SPRINT”, you can download the whole album.

Tidal editorial director Elliott Wilson shared a screenshot of the free download page on his Instagram account, while the voucher code “SPRINT” first began circulating on a Reddit thread.

http://www.factmag.com/2017/07/02/download-jay-z-444-album-free-tidal/

Wow. This obviously isn't selling. It's now free. The album only dropped three days ago.

No Tidal subscription needed.

Jay-Z’s 4:44 album is now available to download for free from Tidal without a subscription.

According to Complex, by visiting 444.TIDAL.com and entering the voucher code “SPRINT”, you can download the whole album.

Tidal editorial director Elliott Wilson shared a screenshot of the free download page on his Instagram account, while the voucher code “SPRINT” first began circulating on a Reddit thread.

http://www.factmag.com/2017/07/02/download-jay-z-444-album-free-tidal/

Jay used to be so good. He should've stayed retired after the black album and just stayed behind the scenes. I'm just listening to the 30 second previews of this and I'm not really interested in hearing much else. He's still got a great ear for picking tracks that work for him (only one producer did the tracks for this I read somewhere, provides a reasonable amount of cohesion to the album from what I can tell) but he's not pushing himself and in rap (and most music) music that's how you fail. 

And yeah Tidal is going to be in the dirt in another year if they keep up their strategies. Don't know how the hell Sprint is going to help them except to pay some bills, they're both maybe looking to get bought out as a package or something, who fucking knows.

This fact probably helped along its sales.

The Verge:

Not all of 4:44’s sale numbers came from Tidal streams. On Sunday, a number of 4:44 albums were made available to download for free with the voucher code “sprint,” which is still active as of today. In this case, Sprint paid for these free albums, which means the downloads still count toward the album’s platinum certification.

I did actually have a listen to it briefly.

You'll be pleased/horrified to hear that it's still the same old lyrics bragging about wealth and about how damn tough life is being a millionaire, swipes at people/companies doing financially better than him (because in the jay-z world - that's the only measure of success that matters) and the sort of juvenile rap we've come to expect from him.