IGNORED

TIDAL

klore

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's embezzlement.

Just to clarify: the artists on Tidal are paid royalties based on the monthly revenue, divided by plays or whatever, when Beyonce gets 200 million fake plays, Tidal are stealing the majority of the royalty payouts from all the other artists on Tidal and giving them to the owners wife.

Edited by Gocab

"I do this for my culture, to let them know

What a nigga look like when a nigga in a 'rossa

Show them how to move in a room full of vultures

Industry is shady, it needs to be taken over"

Edited by doublename

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's embezzlement.

Just to clarify: the artists on Tidal are paid royalties based on the monthly revenue, divided by plays or whatever, when Beyonce gets 200 million fake plays, Tidal are stealing the majority of the royalty payouts from all the other artists on Tidal and giving them to the owners wife.

horrendous

Seriously despicable if true - I've yet to read the swedish university's paper but sounds like they have some pretty blatant evidence

I hope this story gains steam rather than fizzles out.. My pessimistic side worries that the likes of kanye and beyonce will just play dumb and some programmer low level guy at Tidal will just get a slap on the wrist.  I imagine it would take some other "prominent" artists speaking out about it and pulling their music for anything to change.

Edited by Marked x 0ne

You could tell during the roll out of this thing it was sketchy. Worse than I thought though. It seems to be a recurring theme these days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

DN reported yesterday (June 9) that a recent Norwegian Supreme Court Appeals Committee ruling has revealed that TIDAL has been an official suspect in a “serious data fraud investigation” by the Norwegian authorities since June 21 last year.

DN reported that it had obtained a company hard drive, belonging to TIDAL, which proved the streaming platform’s play-counts for two major albums from 2016 – Beyoncé’s Lemonade and Kanye West’s The Life Of Pablo – had been grossly manipulated.

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/tidal-now-officially-a-suspect-in-norwegian-data-fraud-investigation/

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...

Jack Dorsey's digital-payments processor Square is buying Tidal, Jay-Z's music streaming platform, for nearly $300 million, the companies announced Thursday.

The move is set to bring Jay-Z to Square's board of directors. Square said it was buying a majority stake in Tidal for $297 million through a mix of cash and stock.

https://squareup.com/us/en/press/tidal

tumblr_mpqv2iypV51rvn2ylo1_500.gifv