IGNORED

TIDAL

klore

I fear an artist/band I like will release TIDAL-exclusive material. Looking at everyone involved in the press conference, I'd say I'm pretty safe for now. (I'm partial to some of Arcade Fire's stuff, but I can't say I'd be too bothered if they were to venture down that road.)

Yeah I know there's piracy as a last resort (which I also believe this 'service' may unwillingly encourage) but I'd still like the option of physically owning my music while giving my money directly to the artist.

I fear an artist/band I like will release TIDAL-exclusive material.

they already do this on itunes

Yeah but so what, that's no real problem. I'd rather pay 69p to download a track, than take out a £20 subscription fee just to listen to a track that I can't even own.

Read that this morning. Whole thing sounds like a disaster. Tidal is obscene. A small, elite clique of ridiculously wealthy artists campaigning for better rights for themselves.

I like the idea that one day, my (make believe) grand kids will ask me about the early days of the internet, and I can talk about it like it was the wild west.

"Kids, it was amazing. All we did was steal music and stare at picture of mullets. It was weird, scary and awesome."

Edited by fumi