IGNORED

TIDAL

klore

flol at the cousin one i mean who thinks thats important or relevant at all omg this thing is so fucking stupid i cant actually believe it and this is just confirming it even more

Jay-Z is also pretty economical with the truth.

Tidal is not one month old—it was launched by the Swedish/Norwegian company Aspiro in October 2014. Jay Z’s company Project Panther Ltd. later acquired it in March 2015. On March 23, the now-Jay Z-owned Tidal integrated WiMP, its sister service (also acquired from Aspiro), which had 597,000 total subscribers as of July 17, 2014, according toAspiro’s Q2 company presentation.

Now let’s talk about those subscriber numbers. Jay Z touted Tidal’s 770,000 subscribers, but 597,000 of those came from WiMP. That means fewer than 200,000 people have subscribed to Tidal in the close to a month since that disastrous March 30 presentation.

All this from a man who last year declared 'My presence is charity'.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/07/29/jay-z-declares-my-presence-is-charity/

***Those tweets are excruciating. It's like a desperate plea to be taken seriously. Does he really have that much time to spend on Twitter?

Also, my cousin just moved to the upper reaches of the Amazon in search of new, fresh IDM.

Look out, Autechre!

Edited by fumi

lol I'd forgotten about the Harry Belafonte beef, what a clown.

You’re this Civil Rights activist and you just big upped the white guy against me in the white media. And I’m not saying that in a racial way.

flol

Tidal is not one month old—it was launched by the Swedish/Norwegian company Aspiro in October 2014. Jay Z’s company Project Panther Ltd. later acquired it in March 2015. On March 23, the now-Jay Z-owned Tidal integrated WiMP, its sister service (also acquired from Aspiro), which had 597,000 total subscribers as of July 17, 2014, according toAspiro’s Q2 company presentation.

Now let’s talk about those subscriber numbers. Jay Z touted Tidal’s 770,000 subscribers, but 597,000 of those came from WiMP. That means fewer than 200,000 people have subscribed to Tidal in the close to a month since that disastrous March 30 presentation.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/07/29/jay-z-declares-my-presence-is-charity/

***Those tweets are excruciating. It's like a desperate plea to be taken seriously. Does he really have that much time to spend on Twitter?

Also, my cousin just moved to the upper reaches of the Amazon in search of new, fresh IDM.

Look out, Autechre!

thanks for this

Tidal is not one month oldit was launched by the Swedish/Norwegian company Aspiro in October 2014. Jay Zs company Project Panther Ltd. later acquired it in March 2015. On March 23, the now-Jay Z-owned Tidal integrated WiMP, its sister service (also acquired from Aspiro), which had 597,000 total subscribers as of July 17, 2014, according toAspiros Q2 company presentation.

Now lets talk about those subscriber numbers. Jay Z touted Tidals 770,000 subscribers, but 597,000 of those came from WiMP. That means fewer than 200,000 people have subscribed to Tidal in the close to a month since that disastrous March 30 presentation.

Look out, Autechre!

From the man who beat his wife's sister in an elevator.

I'm not sure how this works elsewhere, but in Norway WiMP came/comes free with all subscriptions to the largest telecom provider and the largest digital tv provider, so basically these "subscribers" aren't paying for the service, and haven't necessarily ever used their wimp accounts.

Edited by Gocab

I'm sure the artists are making mad money from all the plays they're getting.

I'm not sure how this works elsewhere, but in Norway WiMP came/comes free with all subscriptions to the largest telecom provider and the largest digital tv provider, so basically these "subscribers" aren't paying for the service, and haven't necessarily ever used their wimp accounts.

lol so it's basically dead already

this is one of those businesses that are planned to fail and bail. thats why they got all the high profile endorsements. they all get a cut, jay z with the biggest cut. it will be paid for by shareholders and gobbled up and lost through a mutual fund or soemthing. like one of countless companies youve never heard of that somehow become worth a billion and gobbled up by google or something.

Tidal is not one month oldit was launched by the Swedish/Norwegian company Aspiro in October 2014. Jay Zs company Project Panther Ltd. later acquired it in March 2015. On March 23, the now-Jay Z-owned Tidal integrated WiMP, its sister service (also acquired from Aspiro), which had 597,000 total subscribers as of July 17, 2014, according toAspiros Q2 company presentation.

Now lets talk about those subscriber numbers. Jay Z touted Tidals 770,000 subscribers, but 597,000 of those came from WiMP. That means fewer than 200,000 people have subscribed to Tidal in the close to a month since that disastrous March 30 presentation.

Look out, Autechre!

From the man who beat his wife's sister in an elevator.

and used to sell crack.

I thought she beat him?

Yeah, it was Solange taking swings at him. Rubin's probably conflating it with the Ray Rice video, cuz all black on black elevator cam violence is the same amirite??

:emotawesomepm9:

Also this whole time I'd just assumed that this "WiMP" spoken of was windows media player (what with the obvious synergy opportunities in general douchiness).

lol I'd forgotten about the Harry Belafonte beef, what a clown.

You’re this Civil Rights activist and you just big upped the white guy against me in the white media. And I’m not saying that in a racial way.

flol

+lol

Anyway the schadenfreude party continues here, I'ma go blast some gescom and rub one out to a nikki minaj video on mute