IGNORED

CybeerTraveler 2015

zkom

I'm traveling/backpacking. Sometimes I get bored or stuck in somewhere so I got an Acer Aspire Switch minilaptop/tablet combo to entertain me. I installed Renoise on it because I got the license already. It's a pretty heavy software for the low spec thing but I can make some simple things. So, out of boredom I just bang out some tracks, mostly with the default instruments which I sometimes edit to my own tastes. Decided to upload some of them to Soundcloud for storage and post here.

I'm mastering with my earplug headphones so the mixing is probably pretty terrible..

I'm calling this the CybeerTraveler 2015 series after the facts that it's futuristic and I drink lots of beer.

TL;DR: I'm traveling with a cheapo laptop and making tracks when bored.

https://soundcloud.com/omzk/cybeertraveler-2015-part-1-backstreet-boogie

https://soundcloud.com/omzk/cybeertraveler-2015-part-2-stuck-in-paradise

fun & lol'y, first track could benefit from some solid bass, give it more dancefloor flavor instead of light chiptune marinated.Minimal patterns in the second aren't my cup of tea, but I like the weird intersection at 2.11. Get stuck or bored moar ;)

Thanks. :beer: I'll try to get bored in future. :) Having no internet is a great way to boost creativity, btw.

• 1 month later...

Backstreet Boogie is a funky tune. It comes alive after about a minute and personally I like the baseline. The track has a cool simplicity and the layers of different sound keep it interesting/varied. Estoy Enfermo and Watching Eyes were also pretty good.

Thanks, man!

I'm trying bunch of styles and just going with the flow when making these tracks so they don't really make a coherent whole. But yeah, they are sort of descriptive of my travel experience and follow chronologically.. at least in the titles if nothing else.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i found that you use some really pleasent and nice sounding sounds especially in the nr 2 track you posted in the first thred there are some really nice pad sounds lurking in the back of the mix. but i must say that to me the tracks lacks suprises. the soundscape was nicely created and the melodies backed each other up in good ways. but i would the lack of suprises during the tracks made them a little boring as a listening experience in the end..

Thanks for listening and comments! Yeah, I agree they are pretty straightforward. I usually do something more complicated.

Archived