IGNORED

True Detective Season 2

Twelvetrees

Well theres no need to watch the next couple of episodes because it's shit. Too many cops, too much boring city politics, endless stoopid strands which go nowhere. Latest ploy to get viewers on board was throw in a shootout and a 4x4 full of generic beaners from End of Watch, traced from a pawn shop because one of them had pawned Caspere's watch or something. SO bad.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name

Well theres no need to watch the next couple of episodes because it's shit. Too many cops, too much boring city politics, endless stoopid strands which go nowhere. Latest ploy to get viewers on board was throw in a shootout and a 4x4 full of generic beaners from End of Watch, traced from a pawn shop because one of them had pawned Caspere's watch or something. SO bad.

Do you remember when you were mad because I didn't enjoy this season from the first episode? Oooh, the irony. :catnope:

good. gtfo, racist

^^^ nah even that is getting pretty bad. the last episode was so predictable.

anyone have even the remotest idea of what farrell wants to see vince vaughn about? and who's dixon (he went to the pawnshop before the gay-cop guy?)

oh, and who is the guy who colin farrell beat up? i know he's doing that trafficking thing but who is he?

besides that, this was a terrible episode. only 3 more left.

^^^ nah even that is getting pretty bad. the last episode was so predictable.

anyone have even the remotest idea of what farrell wants to see vince vaughn about? and who's dixon (he went to the pawnshop before the gay-cop guy?)

oh, and who is the guy who colin farrell beat up? i know he's doing that trafficking thing but who is he?

besides that, this was a terrible episode. only 3 more left.

Farrell wants to see Vaughn about two things - 1) Vaughn's henchman is running girls for the russian, and 2) Vaughn gave Farrell bad info all those years ago (or more likely he got Farrell to kill someone who was pissing him off).

Dixon was the fat alcoholic cop who got shot in the shoot-out.

ANd the psychiatrist knows Mayor Chessani from a long ass time ago - put his ex-wife in the mental institute....

this wasn't as bad an episode as people are making it out to be, it's just that the different strands of the case are not being drawn together tightly enough for everything to be kept in mind at once, and so when a new clue is dropped people are like "wtf".

anyone have even the remotest idea of what farrell wants to see vince vaughn about?

Velcoro believes Frank set him up with the wrong culprit of his wife's rape, probably to indebt him so Frank could have a bent cop on his side as a useful asset.

whether it was a deliberate set-up remains to be seen, it may just be a mixup or it may go deeper.

and who's dixon (he went to the pawnshop before the gay-cop guy?)

as chen said, the guy who copped one in the dome in the shootout. I lol'd btw, it was so convenient. guy was a fah-kin wasteman.

the creepy shrink/surgeon from a previous episode, come on man. I think people aren't even paying attention. he's seen by Velcoro with Chessani's fuckwit kid and Frank's henchman and those girls, he's obviously involved in that racket, as he explained.

also was that fuckin' Osip who's seen at the spot where the girls are dropped off, again with Velcoro tailing and watching? or is it just an extra who looks a lot like him? isn't he supposed to be in Europe or some shit?

i got all that stuff but it does actually take a bit too much effort to pay attention

"nobody cares!" .. tru

also was that fuckin' Osip who's seen at the spot where the girls are dropped off, again with Velcoro tailing and watching? or is it just an extra who looks a lot like him? isn't he supposed to be in Europe or some shit?

I thought it was him - didn't he just say he was going up north or something like that?

i got all that stuff but it does actually take a bit too much effort to pay attention

"nobody cares!" .. tru

Ugh yeah paying attention is so hard. Come on taubs - I expect better from you. :dadjoke:

Can't we just get a murder mystery plot where you don't have to remember who any of the suspects or detectives are?

So just various people running around on screen in the context of a murder-mystery? Sounds like the next David Lynch movie is well underway.

This season is definitely on par with the first now. I remembered the first season taking a few episodes to become really great so I'm glad I was patient with this one and didn't write it off early.

Vince Vaughn's stiffness in the first two eps wasn't bad acting so much as his character repressing his gangster-ness, which then gives more impact to him totally becoming unhinged when he gets back into the business. (also making him more threatening, imo)

The lack of a Rust Cohle going on nihilistic rants every episode is OK. That would only have worked once and I'm glad they didn't do it again.

The mystery in the case is much more compelling this time. First season was interesting because of the two leads' interactions, not necessarily because of the case.

The atmosphere and sense of dread via the score & cinematography is top notch this season.

The writing is on the same level this season as all non-Rust Cohle characters from last season. People seem to have forgotten that outside of his nihilistic rants it was pretty standard crime pulp writing, as this season is as well. That character was just lightning in a bottle.

The relationship between Ray (Farrell) & Frank (Vaughn) is extremely interesting and I'm curious to see where it leads.

Farrell's acting is fantastic this whole season, and was really the highlight of the most recent episode.

There seems to be a groupthink thing going on for hating this season with every blog and self-appointed internet critic declaring it shit and not as good as season 1 week after week. Can't say I agree with any of it. I'm glad I'm sticking with it because this show is top notch cinematic entertainment.

This season is definitely on par with the first now. I remembered the first season taking a few episodes to become really great so I'm glad I was patient with this one and didn't write it off early.

Vince Vaughn's stiffness in the first two eps wasn't bad acting so much as his character repressing his gangster-ness, which then gives more impact to him totally becoming unhinged when he gets back into the business. (also making him more threatening, imo)

The lack of a Rust Cohle going on nihilistic rants every episode is OK. That would only have worked once and I'm glad they didn't do it again.

The mystery in the case is much more compelling this time. First season was interesting because of the two leads' interactions, not necessarily because of the case.

The atmosphere and sense of dread via the score & cinematography is top notch this season.

The writing is on the same level this season as all non-Rust Cohle characters from last season. People seem to have forgotten that outside of his nihilistic rants it was pretty standard crime pulp writing, as this season is as well. That character was just lightning in a bottle.

The relationship between Ray (Farrell) & Frank (Vaughn) is extremely interesting and I'm curious to see where it leads.

Farrell's acting is fantastic this whole season, and was really the highlight of the most recent episode.

There seems to be a groupthink thing going on for hating this season with every blog and self-appointed internet critic declaring it shit and not as good as season 1 week after week. Can't say I agree with any of it. I'm glad I'm sticking with it because this show is top notch cinematic entertainment.

Can pretty much agree with all that. Although I do think Vaughn has grown into the role as the season progresses. Still, episode 5 was great, especially the music and some of the cinematography.

one thing i didn't get from the last episode, is Vaughn's character just incredibly dumb or did he pick up on the fact that the CEO guy obviously knows way more than he should (about the videotapes, etc). I just thought it was weird he was playing tough guy and acting super paranoid about everyone around him but got sorta shutdown by that CEO in a way that didn't seem threatening (and like Vaugh didn't connect any(?) of the pieces together like everybody who was watching it)

Think because he wants that land deal so badly, he's willing to play less aggressively with the CEO perhaps. His ginger mate is gonna get a hurting doe.

Whether you've a casual interest in magic or not, the occult shit from season 1 had a proper malevolence (avoiding southern gothic cliches).

Season 1's two main detective characters kept the plot/script ticking over sweetly & the previous format of building a chronology in season 1 meant you were always playing catch up across those respective timeframes.

Overall, it still pisses all over most other tv, which isnt hard, but it just goes to show how expectant folks become when something above tidy comes along.

Anyway, bet any1 a quid Braaazerian or whoeverthefuck is confronted by her aroused Dad at the forthcoming parteh,,,,,,,

"Come & suck on Poppa's popsicle, its got a massive aura,,,,,,,,"

Dawg, i appreciate what you're saying but you are wrong. I agree the acting has been excellent but the whole thing has been brought to it's knees with a dreadful script. I gave it a chance for 4 episodes, i had faith until then. With more forgettable strands/characters popping up it lost it's way. It's bloody terrible.

Think because he wants that land deal so badly, he's willing to play less aggressively with the CEO perhaps. His ginger mate is gonna get a hurting doe.

on one hand I could get Vaughn 'playing' less aggressively and/or playing dumb but clearly that scene illustrated that the CEO guy wasn't just a simple business mogul who had nothing to do with the disappearance of Casper. The 'motive' couldn't be more clear from what he told Vaughn's character, that Casper had videotapes of a lot of important people fucking prostitutes (or doing other worse things). the problem is if the audience is picking up on stuff like this and the 'suspicious paranoid' ex-gangster isn't visibly (at least to the audience) picking up on it i think its just poor writing. If Vaughn's character already reached a paranoid breaking point and is throwing his right hand man under the bus and having people tail him, it just makes zero sense why his reaction to the CEO would be so nonchalant,. Did anybody else find this scene frustrating and strangely vacant of substance?

Vince Vaughn's stiffness in the first two eps wasn't bad acting so much as his character repressing his gangster-ness

you know he has a problem with that word.

thanks usagi and chen-god for clearing things up for me

Archived