IGNORED

True Detective Season 2

Twelvetrees

thanks for clearing up all that chengod.

i think my major criticism of this show is that it's more about telling you what's happening than showing you. i also find the story much ado about nothing besides the setup that makes you think there is a lot more going on

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's tough though, because you don't if something is going to be shit beforehand. Last night for example, I watched the Entourage movie, cause I enjoyed the TV show. The movie was utter shit though.

Anyways: here's an imdb post with a fairly thorough explanation - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2356777/board/thread/246862132

so who killed Caspare? there are way too many loose ends this season, that won't be resolved. I'm thinking it was the Lt. that blew a whole in Taylor Kitsch right?

that's unknown so far, but obviously won't be one of the loose ends, it's the whole point of the show. hints that it could be the kids from the jewelry store heist. could be the Lt alternatively, he was probably the one who offed Davis as well.

so who killed Caspare? there are way too many loose ends this season, that won't be resolved. I'm thinking it was the Lt. that blew a whole in Taylor Kitsch right?

There's a theory floating around that it might be the kids from the bank robbery /double homicide

There's a theory floating around that it might be the kids from the bank robbery /double homicide

oh snap! yeah, remember in the beginning when they were driving around with dead Caspare in the car? There was 2 people in the car with the crow mask.

I was lolling hard at the tone of the questions by the time I was half way through this:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/08/03/true_detective_season_two_a_guide_to_the_plot_of_this_confusing_season.html

I was just about to post this article as well. If anyone's feeling baffled definitely give it a read. The characters pictures with their names labelled was a big help.

read a theory tonight that Blake was the one who raped Colin Farrell's wife, hence the red hair.

Yeah i read this too, but i don't get it. Didn't the good cop tell collin farrell they caught the guy who did it a couple of episodes back?

"More than art to be considered, or entertainment to be consumed, True Detective Season Two is a test to be endured. Can you hear what they’re saying without turning your TV’s volume past 50? Do you know what an A.P.B. is, and do you have a working knowledge of the films of Elia Kazan? Do you remember what Frank said to Ray over the barroom table four episodes ago, or what Ray said to Ani? Can you successfully track the intricacies of True Detective’s needlessly intricate plot?

Each time a new scene begins, you think to yourself: If I miss a word, am I going to be OK? Is this one of the plot-driving conversations that will leave me behind like a tenth-grader in calculus class if I start daydreaming? Or is it more fluff about Ani’s one-dimensional relationship with her father or Ray’s one-dimensional relationship with his son? Can I safely ignore it?"

http://morningafter.gawker.com/everything-is-fucking-true-detectives-too-complex-epis-1722092478

I know. Paying attention is soooo hard.

I think we've stumbled onto the reason the first season was so successful. It had a simple plot that everyone could follow along brainlessly.

what kind of retard doesn't know what an APB is?

It's only been used at least once in every single fucking tv show or movie even tangentially involving a single police officer since the dawn of time.

I know. Paying attention is soooo hard.

I think we've stumbled onto the reason the first season was so successful. It had a simple plot that everyone could follow along brainlessly.

agreed,the 1st season had a fairly straightforward story with a hint of something otherworldly which you could read into as deep as you wanted (or not)via fan sites and sites like this,this 2nd season ,if you didn,t have the internet,you,ve got no chance!

Archived