IGNORED

True Detective Season 2

Twelvetrees

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just watched the finale.

• Frank got killed pretty much because he didn't want to give his suit away. And what was the point of that mexican gang that was after him? It was a cheap way to balance out the easy win for Frank against the Russian.
  • The whole murder case was pretty much useless.
  • The cheesy ending (Frank's wife is finally pregnant, Raymond couldn't send his final message to his son, Raymond's positive paternity test, the journalist that is told the whole story, etc.)

you missed the boat on several issues, the Mexicans were pissed Frank burned down the clubs where they had an agreement to sell drugs, the baby was Ray's with Ani, hence she said his sons deserved to know the truth. Frank's diamonds were in the suit, why he didn't want to disrobe.

I knew about the Mexican gang. It's just they came out of the blue in the finale just to kill off Frank and make a "sad ending" out of it. The diamonds have never been an interesting part of the story anyway. But I admit I missed the boat about Raymond's son with Ani.

The diamonds in his suit were different diamonds. (Easy way to carry fucking loads of cash in a small package).

So I just watched the finale.

• Frank got killed pretty much because he didn't want to give his suit away. And what was the point of that mexican gang that was after him? It was a cheap way to balance out the easy win for Frank against the Russian.
  • The whole murder case was pretty much useless.
  • The cheesy ending (Frank's wife is finally pregnant, Raymond couldn't send his final message to his son, Raymond's positive paternity test, the journalist that is told the whole story, etc.)

you missed the boat on several issues, the Mexicans were pissed Frank burned down the clubs where they had an agreement to sell drugs, the baby was Ray's with Ani, hence she said his sons deserved to know the truth. Frank's diamonds were in the suit, why he didn't want to disrobe.

I knew about the Mexican gang. It's just they came out of the blue in the finale just to kill off Frank and make a "sad ending" out of it. The diamonds have never been an interesting part of the story anyway. But I admit I missed the boat about Raymond's son with Ani.

The diamonds in his suit were different diamonds. (Easy way to carry fucking loads of cash in a small package).

Wait? There were different diamonds?

yeah, those diamonds were literally the last source of money he had left in the world since he had just given his suitcase of cash to the mexicans.

i admit i didn't get that at first either. i was shouting "you idiot! just give them your jacket!!!" at the screen.

Diamonds or not, you'd be pretty naive to think that giving your clothes to some Mexican mafia member means just that.

pretty much this imo. even if there were no diamonds, if Frank had given his suit to the little mexican, he was destined to eat it out there in the desert.

Diamonds or not, you'd be pretty naive to think that giving your clothes to some Mexican mafia member means just that.

pretty much this imo. even if there were no diamonds, if Frank had given his suit to the little mexican, he was destined to eat it out there in the desert.

Exactly, it was just one last humiliation before they left him for dead.

They didn't know about the diamonds. Frank would have given them the diamonds / suit to survive he just realised they were gonna kill him and headbutted the guy as a last fuck you.

If they'd known they would have taken the diamonds off him before driving off and leaving him to die.

They didn't know about the diamonds. Frank would have given them the diamonds / suit to survive he just realised they were gonna kill him and headbutted the guy as a last fuck you.

If they'd known they would have taken the diamonds off him before driving off and leaving him to die.

Yeah they didn't know about the diamonds, but they were going to kill him regardless - the diamonds would have been an added bonus for them. Frank didn't want them to have the diamonds as well as the satisfaction of killing him.

Archived