IGNORED

True Detective Season 2

Twelvetrees

i actually like mcadams a lot in this. she's not the best, but she's likeable (a lot). colin farrell has the best character and makes him so interesting with his performance.

vaughn has been given a very difficult role because his character has some of the complex and difficult dialogue, and his acting ability just can't handle or sell it so it ends up being boring and often unbelievable. the scene where him and kelly reilly (his wife) are discussing having a baby came off as being awkward mainly because there was such little chemistry, their acting was stilled and the direction clearly didn't care.

whoever is writing is under the impression that the actors will "make" the script and this is why most of it has been boring and meandering. everyone who is in the police department sucks as an actor. the dialogue about "don't eat too much sugar" with the drug cartel-meeting with vince vaughn sucked. "even after eating a lot of sugar i still never had a cavity" huh?

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha yeah, the scenes with Vaugn's character and his wife seem to go on for ages and never lead anywhere. Infact al Vaugn's story could be edited out and the show would still work.

With the last series you could tell that Matthew had spent a bit of time on the street being a weirdo, and woody is a renowned addict so you believe in them - maybe Vince has had his fair share of 3 day benders and acid sex orgies but it just isn't apparent and that's maybe why everyone in town is like 'wtf vince no you can't have any money but OK I suppose so because you seem to be angry and no-one has ever seen you angry btw where did my teeth go?'

this series compares a bit like to the situation when Alex Ferguson retired from Man Utd - how do you top the virtually unattainable?

least favourite element is that guitarist/moany moan female bar strummer

every time she comes on i think oh for the love of christ woman

bit disapointed in vaughn,s wife,in early episodes i thought she came across like someone with an agenda other than her husbands,keeping tabs and pushing him in a certain direction,now she,s just turning into skyler white,presenting family problems to a criminal under pressure

watchable but knowingly serious with a simple storyline, how its been handled the story become overly complicated....its like the director has told everyone to just keep frowning & talk in a whispered deep voice with long pauses between sentences the whole time, was hard watching vaugn talk about water stains seriously

Anyone else notice how awful the cgi of the building explosion at the end was? Looked laughably bad imo, but apart from that cool scene.

Mayor Chessani's daughter tells McAdams that her mom went crazy and her doc killed himself??? Then McAdams went to her Dad and asked if he knew the gilrs doctor and he was like: "hmmmm yes i do."

WTF? Did i miss something? (this is a common phrase ive been saying w this season).

Also when Frank and Velcoro are in "the sad bar" again and Frank looks at the depressing singer they always have I could have sworn he was about to say "hey can she sing some other type of songs" but nope. another long stare

Yeah the cgi explosion was almost as bad as Kingsman.

I thought Chessani's daughter said that her mom killed herself.

Mayor Chessani's daughter tells McAdams that her mom went crazy and her doc killed himself??? Then McAdams went to her Dad and asked if he knew the gilrs doctor and he was like: "hmmmm yes i do."

WTF? Did i miss something? (this is a common phrase ive been saying w this seaso

what's hard to get here? and you got it wrong; mom went crazy, Chessani sends her to creep doctor, doctor does some unspoken acts, mom hangs HERself as a result... doctor Pitler is still alive for all we know...

bit disapointed in vaughn,s wife,in early episodes i thought she came across like someone with an agenda other than her husbands,keeping tabs and pushing him in a certain direction,now she,s just turning into skyler white,presenting family problems to a criminal under pressure

thanks for reminding me. this kinda left me confused too. also, the blowjob scene at the hotel/motel. what was that about? why were they acting like a john/hooker situation? and who wears the pants in that relationship? one minute the wife is boss and calling out vaughn ("your dick can suck itself"), then the next he's like "wait... you said you were pregnant once [undertones of bitch you best not have lied to me coz i just extracted some dude's teeth]"

oh does anyone find the transitions random and annoying? like you'll see 2 people arguing then aerial shot of city of industry then next scene for 10 minutes, another aerial shot of night time industry city with foreboding music even though nothing even remotely foreboding will happen- so you're like was that last scene foreboding? did i miss some important info?

when i went to Sasha's funeral the 'owl club orchestra' played 2 songs. it used to be on youtube but its been taken down. I recorded one of them on my cellphone and ill probably get around to uploading one of these days

pls do

edit:

i've just came to the conclusion that vince vaughn is one of the weakest parts of true detective season 2. that and A LOT of the writing. that's all

8oZSUhX.jpg

is this about a new season of Lost or am I missing something?

dad jokes

thanks for reminding me. this kinda left me confused too. also, the blowjob scene at the hotel/motel. what was that about? why were they acting like a john/hooker situation? and who wears the pants in that relationship? one minute the wife is boss and calling out vaughn ("your dick can suck itself"), then the next he's like "wait... you said you were pregnant once [undertones of bitch you best not have lied to me coz i just extracted some dude's teeth]"

Uh they were at a fertility clinic, ol Frankie was supposed to blow into the little cup that he was holding.

His wife is a bit of a weak character - they don't know how to write her. Stuck between being the supportive wife of a mafioso and woman whose biological clock is ticking.

danke for clearing that up. now the whole "weren't you pregnant once?" makes more sense (i.e. i'm sure i'm not shooting blanks and you're fertile, so just hold up as we go for round two coz no way i'm adopting)

Possibility of death cult linkages (being productive at work lol)

The gangster at the end talks about the "mother of death"...possibly the San la Muerte.

This is the statue they find in Casper's pad:

nohM1qK.png

And this is a shrine to the San la Muerte

san+la+muerte.jpg

"the sad bar"

lol. I'm getting tired of the sad bar. I personally would not sit through that kind of music during dinner+drinks, especially not if it was an actual meeting with someone I was meant to discuss important shit with.

Archived